CHAPTER 56: THE LIFE OF MANKIND

IN MANIK'S CAR

Nandini was getting bored sitting inside the car and listening to Manik's boring music in the music system

Nandini: You know what lets play truth.....

Manik (confused): What truth?

Nandini (irritated): Like we only played dares back home, we will now play only truth in here.

Manik: why are you getting irritated for that?

Nandini: I am not irritated okay?

Manik: Are trying to make me understand or are you doing it to yourself? Look at your face.

Nandini: Can we play?

Manik: Okay fine. You start.

Nandini: If you wake up and find out that you were the opposite sex, what is the first thing that you will do?

Manik: Hmmm... I will probably run into the washroom and comb my hair as everyone knows that women's hair looks like a ghost in the morning.

Nandini (angrily hitting him): You....

Manik (laughing): What? What did I say wrong? It is the truth. Thankfully I haven't seen mom in the position but seeing Mukthi and Alya is always a treat.

Nandini (smiling): Okay then lets continue.

Manik: So, what is more important to you, truth or happiness?

Nandini: Truth. Even if it hurts it is better than happiness. Atleast you can trust that person.

Manik: But some truths are better un-told right?

Nandini: It depends on one's perspective.

Manik: Okay then, it's your turn now.

Nandini: Would you rather have an internship with a cool boss who gives you lots of praise — but you don't really learn that much — or a hard-ass boss who never gives compliments, but teaches you a ton?

Manik: The second one. You need to work in a place where you could earn a lesson. I don't like all this learning but some lifetime lessons are really important in one's life.

Nandini: That's right. It isn't always money. Anyways, it's your turn now.

Manik: What is your greatest fear?

Nandini: There isn't any greater fear than losing a dear one from your life. Even death can't scare me now.

Manik: I am sorry.

Nandini: You needn't be sorry always. My life was always like this.

Manik (smiling): And now it wouldn't be like that. Look at your surroundings.