Chapter 30: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil!

JAM ROOM

Manik, Nandini and Cabir came and sat down in the room.

Nandini (looking at the celling): why me? Why me always?

Manik: oh hello, as if I am interested to be with you? Now we will only get boring songs.

Cabir (angrily): will the two of stop fighting like kids for go sake.

Nandini: fine.

With this she took her phone from her and bag and threw the bag away. A small diary sort of book came out of the bag. Both Manik and Cabir leaned forward to take the book. Cabir glared at Manik and took the book.

Cabir: waise Nandini what is inside this book?

Nandini (slightly glancing at then and back to her phone): who, it just a book of songs which me and Sid composed.

Manik: Sid?

Nandini (glared at Manik): None of your business but since you know my past it doesn't make a difference to me. Sid is for Sidharth, my boyfriend who demised a few years back.

Cabir: oh we are really sorry for you.

Manik (glaring at Cabir): not we, it's you who is sorry.

Cabir: well suits it then. Waise Nandini do you mind reading those songs of yours?

Nandini (smiled at him): sure. And yah, if you like any song and want to use it in today's performance then go ahead. You don't have to tell me which have you selected just start playing the tune on the stage, I'll recognise it.

Cabir: oh thank you.

With this Cabir started going through the songs in the books. All the songs had a romantic touch in it. While a few were fast beat songs, the rest were slow beat romantic ones. All had its own uniqueness in it. Soon he saw and head popping from the back of his shoulders. It was definitely Manik.

Cabir: now what Mr. Malhotra, any problem in me checking these songs.

Nandini giggled at this who soon received a glare from Manik which got her to shut her mouth up.

Manik (stammering a bit): who, I was just going through them so that you don't choose any stupid song to perform. You know you are quite bad in choosing songs.

Cabir: first of all, all these songs are not at all bad. All are having its own uniqueness. Song I am just checking which will soot for all the 3 of us. 2nd of all, just except the fact that you also want to see the lyrics of all the songs as you love whatever Nandini sings all the time.

Manik: it's nothing like that.

Cabir: if you want to read then shut up and do the same.

Soon the brother started going through all the songs. While Cabir was smiling on reading the lyrics, our Manik was getting jealous. After a while, they were done with their reading and had also decided which song they would sing on.

Cabir: Nandini we chose Ae....

Nandini: I had already told you that don't tell me which song. Just get prepared for the song. I will get to know the song on the stage.

Manik (angrily): why you have some problem in listening to the song.

Nandini (angrily): yah I have a problem. What will you do, kill me?

Manik was taken back with the word kill from her mouth. He couldn't imagine a day without her.

Cabir: stop it Manik and Nandini control your words, it hurts people at times.