Chapter 23: Khamoshiyan!

They soon reached a place. It was full of greenery. Nandini turned herself towards Cabir who was now humming a tune.

Khamoshiyan aawaaz hain

Tum sun'ne to aao kabhi

Chhukar tumhe khill jaayengi

Ghar inko bulaao kabhi

Beqarar hain baat karne ko

Kehne do inko zaraa..

(He starts singing the song while holding her palms in his. She then gets out of the car and goes to her side. He opens the divers seat door and reaches out his hand and in return gets her hand on his.)

Khamoshiyan.. teri meri khamoshiyan

Khamoshiyan.. lipti hui khamoshiyan

(He lightly pulls her out of the car and shuts the door. He then takes her ahead. He tell that the silence that prevails between the two of them are just the same but different in person which is unknown to the two of them of each other.)

Kya uss gali mein kabhi tera jaana hua

Jahaan se zamaane ko guzre zamaana hua

Mera samay toh wahin pe hai thehra hua

Bataaun tumhe kya mere sath kya kya hua

(They slowly walk the small hill, hand in hand. He ask her if she has gone to through the same path where one life crossed another. He hi still stuck in the same path and does she want to know about the same. She nods her head as a yes.)

Khamoshiyan ek saaz hai

Tum dhun koi laao zaraa

Khamoshiyan alfaaz hain

Kabhi aa gunguna le zara

Beqarar hain baat karne ko

Kehne do inko zaraa.. haa..

(They now lean on the trunk of a tree. They were looking a ahead at the backwater of the little place. Silence is a music. Bring some tune to it. Silence is words. Come and hum it, some day)

Khamoshiyan.. teri meri khamoshiyan

Khamoshiyan.. lipti hui khamoshiyan

(Silence, Yours and mine silence. Silence, it is hugging me)

Nadiya ka paani bhi khamosh behta yahaan

Khili chandani mein chhipi lakh khamoshiyan

Baarish ki boondon ki hoti kahaan hai zubaan

Sulagte dilon mein hai khamosh uthta dhuaan

(He takes her to the water and makes her sit there she places her shoulder while he continues the song. The water of the river flows silently. Many a silence is hidden behind the happy moonlight. The rain drops do not have voice. The smoke is emerging from the burning hearts)

 The smoke is emerging from the burning hearts)