Chapter 22: Han Har Gadi!

IN MANBIR'S CAR

Cabir: so how were the 2 of you paired?

Manik (stammering): what do you mean by how were we paired? It was a coincidence, I didn't do anything.

Cabir: Manik, main itna bhi stupid nahi hoon. It was unusual for Raghav sir called us to the garden without informing us few days prior to this. And when the 2 of your names came up you were acting all normal which was un like you.

Manik (sighing): like seriously, why are you my brother? You should be a detective instead of wasting your time over here. It was just that......

FLASHBACK

Manik moved towards Raghav after advising Nandini.

Manik: Raghav sir wait......

Raghav turned and looked at Manik surprisingly.

Raghav: yes Manik, what happened, any problem?

Manik: sir, haven't you noticed Nandini's behavior?

Raghav: yes. She is having a lot of pain locked inside her. It is very well clear in her songs.

Manik: I know sir. That's why I am here. I need your help.

Raghav: how can I help you son.

Manik: I need our last lesson music lesson in the garden with a campfire. And also I need you to pair me up with Nandini. Rest I will handle

Raghav (smiled): sure, why not? I will arrange that.

Manik (smiled back): thank you so much sir.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Cabir: so what I thought came true. Anyways it was really nice. I wish, we will be able to get to know her past and get her over it.

By now they had reached home.

MURTHY MANSION 7:00PM

Nandini got out of her and she was near the stairs but stopped on the way when she heard a tune. It was coming from Neil and Ragini's room. She now changed her route and made it to their room.

NEIL AND RAGINI'S ROOM

Ragini was sitting on the bed with her head on the bead rest whereas Manbir was on either side of her. Neil was sitting on one of the chair in the room.

Manik: mom please sing a song na.

Cabir: please pretty please. Dad tell her na.

Neil: han Ragini. Its been long time since you have sung one for us.

Ragini (smiling): okay, okay, I am singing.

With this she started singing.

Ragini: Haan har ghadi, har pehar, Har disha me tum ho main dekhti hu jidhar,

Main Mushkura ke Jaan bhi ye de du, Tum manglo jo agar..

(both Manik and Cabir lay there heads on her lap and look at her face whereas Ragini creases their hair gently)

Ragini: Haan har ghadi, har pehar, Har disha me tum ho main dekhti hu jidhar,

Main Mushkura ke Jaan bhi ye de du, Tum manglo jo agar..

(she gestures them to sit. She stand up and moves to Neil smiling all the while. These 3 men were her life. She could give them hers if they would ever ask. Their thoughts were the only thing that was concerned to her all the time.)

Neil: Ha .. Main bhi ab main na rahu, Aur tu naa tu rahe,

Ek duje me.. Kho jaye hum, Mil Jaye aa is kadar..

(Ragini places her left hand on his Neil's shoulder where as he placed his left hand at her waist. The other hand was entwined. With this they started to sway lightly. He was never the person the whole world saw when he was with his family. Nor was she the same. They were one happy family together.)

Ragini: Haan har ghadi, har pehar, Har disha me tum ho main dekhta hu jidhar,

Main Mushkura ke Jaan bhi ye de du, Tum manglo jo agar..

(They continued till the end of the song. But the sound coming from the door stopped their family session abruptly.)

They turned and saw Nandini face palming herself. She was crying really badly. Beside her, on the floor, a vase was broken. She soon turned around and ran towards her room.

Ragini (worriedly): Cabir, please go and have a check on her. Only you can understand her very well.

Cabir (equally worried): yah, let me have a check on her.

NANDINI'D ROOM

Cabir entered her room and the sight that he saw next got him shocked. She was holding a blade near her wrist and was about to cut. He ran towards her.

Cabir (while trying to snatch the blade): what the hell are you doing Nandini. Leave it.

Nandini (yelling): let me die, let me die. I don't want to live.

Somehow he managed to get the blade off her grip. Right after that he slapped her across her face to get her out of her madness. Both Cabir's finger and her wrist was been cut during this event.

Cabir (angrily): what the hell is wrong with you? Have you gone nuts? Have ever thought about your parents?

With this he turned around and went to get a first aid kit. Then he moved towards her and raped a bandage on the wound. Right after that, she pulled his hand and placed a bandage on her wounded finger. Both were looking at each other's eyes with an unknown pain. He soon looked at her and spoke.

Cabir: get yourself changed and come down. We are going out.

Nandini: where?

Cabir: just go and change.

Without any further interrogation, she went and got herself changed. She then came down and both of them sat in a car and went to pace which far away.

PRECAP: CABIR AND NANDINI TO SPEND SOME TIME. CABIR TO SING A SONG. CABIR TO ADVICE NANDINI.

DO PRESS THE STAR, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME. EGGS AND TOMATOES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.

WITH LOVE, GAYATHRI