Chapter 1

The ground shook, the birds flew, the people ran. We were terrified. But that's not the most to be afraid of. The ground split into two as the city filled with fear and the people getting killed one by one. "Ahhhh!" Emad yells. Tai and Ewan run over to see what's wrong, their own friend hanging onto the ledge of the road about to fall into disaster. This was a scary time. But not the worst. Let me back up a few weeks ago....
___________________________________________________________________
"Okay class open up your text books to page 114, today we will be assigned in groups of 5 and two groups of 6. You will have to recite the deportation of the Acadians. You know the drill, I choose the groups and you work. Am I clear?" "Yes Mr.Elmsworth." All my class moaned. "Good. Here are the groups: Abbey, Denis, Liam, Kat, and Jared. Here's your page. Next is: Dylan, Hakim, Soulimon, Rebecca, Sydney, and Caroline. Then: Xander, Brooke, Cameron, Eirelyn, and Emily. Group 4 is: Tommy, Jasmine, Nicole, Jackson, Soukchan, and Liam M. Finally the last group is: Halley, Bryanna, Ewan, Tai, and Emad. Groups 1, 2, and 5 go work somewhere in the hall." Mr. Elmsworth spoke. Halley and I started to be unsure about their group. "Uggh, why do we have to work with these guys?" Halley asked in displeasure. "I know, I'm not really up for this either but it's worth a try. At least we get marked individual because we will fail if we didn't." I replied. We walked over to where they were sitting. It can't be too bad, right? "Okay so, hi?" I said awkwardly. Ewan and Tai turned around and said "Oh hey." Halley kept here distance and was quiet for a while. She's shy. I sat down and so did Halley. "Okay, let's get to know one another. It's already awkward enough." I suggested. "Okay, so I'm Emad and I already know Bryanna and Halley since third grade. And Bryanna knows Ewan I think and Tai their just not friends." "Okay my turn, I actually have been in the same class as Tai since fourth grade, we just never hung out of anything. I remember he was abscessed with turtles and would say single ready to mingle to Isaac in grade five. I hate When girls are dramatic and gossip. So yeah." Tai, Ewan, and Emad started clapping with agreement. I told Halley to go next but I got interrupted by Tai and Ewan saying "Would guys like to join the Phenix?" "What is the flipping Phenix?" Halley whispered. "Oh it's a group that we made." Emad answered. Halley and I said sure. "I'm Halley, and I like playing franbow, and until dawn, and other creepy games. In the summer I like to swim, play soccer and ball hockey." "Cool." Everyone said. "I am Tai. I play Assassins Creed and GTA 5. I also do Maui Thai." "Ewan your turn." I said. "Oh what? Oh yeah. Uh umm, I'm Ewan and I am level 25 on League of Legends." "I vote Bryanna as the leader of the Phenix." Ewan said. "Me?" I replied. "Yeah" Halley, Emad, and Tai said. "Ugh, okay?" The bell rang. Yay! It's 4th period! I love having art! We headed to Mrs. Anderson's classroom. I sat beside Halley then Ewan, Emad, and Tai joined us. I think we were going to all become good friends. The class all took a seat and Mrs. Anderson was waiting for us to stop talking. Then the lights went off. All was dark. The wind howled. The class screamed. Me, Tai, Ewan, Halley, and Emad all stops in fear. I looked out the window to see a 7 foot wide tornado heading towards the school.