Chapter 20-/-On my way

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading my story! I have lots of time in the mornings now to work on it, so I will be publishing daily. This story is so much fun to write and I hope it's fun to read as well!! Keep reading!
-------------------------------------------------------
As I finish eating, Max gets up and heads towards the kitchen. I try to get up and brings my dishes to the sink but he stops me. "What do you think you're doing?" He asks me. I motion my head towards the kitchen. "I'm just trying to put these away." I answered. "You need to rest, your body isn't in shape to walk or anything yet. Go lay down, please." He says concerned. I sigh and sit back down. He walks over to the sink and cleans the dishes. Why is he so kind, yet mysterious? He goes over to the chair by the fireplace and starts a fire. My eyes were heavy, and the sounds of the fire crackling made me fall asleep.
------------------------------
"Time to get up sleepyhead." Max says with a laugh. I roll over to my side and rub my eyes. "How long was I asleep for?" I asked. "How long do you think?" He questions. I look at the fire, it's burned out. "I don't know, an hour?" I replied. "More like 4. Good guess though. You must've been tired." He answers. I wanted to go home. I felt better, just bruised up and stuff. I wanted to see all my friends, if they were still alive. I stand up and put one foot in front of the other, man I'm very weak. My legs start to shake but I keep pushing forward. Max looks at me with an impressed look, allowing me to continue. I go into the kitchen and then back out to the living room. I then sit back down onto the couch and smile. "Very well done Fairchild." He applauds. "Don't call me that." I said. Suddenly there's a loud scream outside and several other screams. "Guys?!" I yelled.