Chapter 18-/-If I lay here

Where am I?
Am I dead?
Am I alive?
Why is it all black?
Is this my imagination?
How long have I been like this?
Does anyone know I'm gone?
Is anyone alive?
Or are we all dead?
********************
Muffled voices. I keep hearing them. The ringing in my ear stops. I can make out what the word is, Bryanna. Someone found me. Took care of me. Was it Caroline? "Bryanna." It's now a whisper. "Bryanna." It's now a normal voice. "Bryanna! Can you hear me?!" It's now a yell. Ouch my ears. Suddenly everything starts to hurt. What happened? I start to move my fingers and my whole body finally can move too. I open my eyes to a squint. There is a very bright light and I quickly shut them. "Oh. Sorry about that." The person speaks. Not a girl. Not a man. Not a woman. A teenage boy. I then retry opening my eyes. I then sit up and rub them. "Lay back down. You're not stable enough yet." He warns me as I lay back down. I'm in some kind of room. Looks live a living room. I'm on a couch. My stomach then growls. "I'll be right back. You must be hungry." He says politely. I want to know who he is. What he looks like. He then brings back a glass of water, pain killers, and a half of a sandwich. "You've gotta make sure you can keep everything in before you have a big meal." He says. Wait. How does he know my name? I slowly sit up. I see him sitting on the other side of the room eating the other half. "Thanks." I said. He smiles. He is a thin, average height teen, with brown/blond hair, brown eyes, and a friendly smile. "How do you know my name?" I asked. He did look familiar, where did I see him though? He started to laugh slightly. "You don't recognize me?" He asks. I shake my head no. "I'm Max. I go to high school with you. Well, used to. We were in Science together." He replied. Max. That's where I've seem and met him before. "Why did you save me?" I asked. He puts his food down and takes a drink. "I was walking out in the forest to find others when the ground started to shake. I was alone, nobody left the school or survived with me. I left right after the tornado. I stumbled across this garage that was unlocked. I hopped in and took cover. Once the earthquake was finished I saw the house that was nearby, so I walked up to it. When I entered, everything was destroyed. I didn't see anyone else. They possibly are alive but could be dead." He told me. Everyone could be dead? No. That can't be. But, I almost died. Someone saved me. If I had just stayed there I wouldn't be in the best condition. He then continues. "I found a bookcase that had fallen. I lifted it up, and found a strand of blond hair. I kept digging under all the garbage and found you laying there. So I brought you to my house. I have medicine here, and food." He continues. I then smile and eat the rest of my food. "Thanks. For everything." I said as I drank my glass of water. Did the others survive? Will they ever find me? Is Max really who he says he is?