Chapter 38-/-It's a beautiful day

I wake up and see Max laying on the floor by the fire. I sit up and peek out the window. It's now dawn, the cold air seeps through the window ledge. I put my socks on and head over to the fire. I sit beside him laying on the ground. Of course he's taking up the entire fire warmth. Not fair. I try to move his feet away from me but then he flinched. Crap. I woke him. "What?" He sits up in confusion. "I need to be warm. Otherwise what's the point of the fire?" I laugh. "How did you sleep? You were out pretty fast." He asks. "I'm still tired. What about you?" I answer then ask back. "I'm going to the room to get some more sleep. Night." He walks upstairs and closes the door. Guess I'm alone now. I head over to the couch and try to sleep again. Nope. I'm awake. I enter the kitchen and grab a bottled water and open a fruit cup. I can't trust their food. This could all be a trap and they're secretly here still waiting to kill us. You never know. Man, I watch or should I say, watched too many shows. I light a few candles with their lighter and use that as my light for now. There's no electricity. Just water from the river. I pull my phone out of the bag, forgetting I even had one. I wonder how much is left. 98%. Perfect. Now I can use it for emergency cheering up, aka looking through my pictures and videos. I scroll though my photos and see one of Max, he posted it on Instagram and I sent it to my friends. Embarrassing, delete. I shut my phone down to save all the battery life and put it away. I also find a book in my backpack, of course, The Walking Dead. I was reading it in English class. This is hilarious, I sarcastically say to myself. Well, what other better things do I have to do? I start to read the fifth chapter.
****************
And done. Wow. I just finished the entire book, too bad the rest are at my destroyed house.
Boom
What was that?
Boom
Boom
Boom
It's coming from outside.
I walk over to the door and see four Spreaders trying to get in and a huge herd approaching the house. I run to the fire and put it, and the candles, out. I then run upstairs and go into the closed room. "MAX!" I open the door to see his back shirtless getting his shirt on. I quickly close the door and knock. "MAX HURRY. WE NEED TO LEAVE! NOW!!" I yell through the door. "What? Bryanna what do you mean?" He asks and opens the door in the midst of putting his shirt on. "No time to explain. Grab your stuff. We need to leave through the back. Grab any type of weapon you can find, and put your shirt on already." I rush him. I do have to admit. That was hard to not look at. If ya know what I mean. I run into the kitchen and grab a butcher knife, it won't do much, but it could help. We slip out of the back and head off far away from the house. It's too bad, that was a beautiful place. "WAIT! I FORGOT SOMETHING! We need to go back!!!" I mention. I can't believe I forgot. Now I might risk our lives trying to get a stupid little piece of nothing. We run back towards the house.