Chapter 56-/-The final Countdown

We continue to walk in the foggy forest of green while the dew from the morning dusk rubs against my ankles. "So....what now?" I finally end up saying, breaking the quiet silence. He taps his head, pondering of what to say. "I'm actually not sure. Umm... maybe you could...." He starts. He's not finishing his sentence. "Maybe I could what?" I ask him. He looks off into the distance reassuring himself to speak. "You know. Maybe you could be..... and like I could...." He once again continues but right before he finishes, we're both interrupted by the sound of a heard of Spreaders coming our way. Crap! "Run Bryanna! Go, go, go!" Max yells to me. I start to run on the slippery, grassy, and try not to fall. His arm is across my back to help push me and keep me stable. "Wait. I have an idea." I say. I reach for the knife that I kept in my pocket when I realize I left my sweater back at the beach. Stupid! "It's okay. I got it." He pulls his out his knife and takes care of the four coming closer towards us. I pull out my gun and load it. "Why are you doing? You know that will attract more!" He yells from a few meters away. "I need to. This is all I have! It will help save us for now!" I yell back to him. "Just, j-just... be careful. Okay? I don't want you to get hurt." He says worriedly. "Max... you t-....." I get shoved over by one of the Spreaders. There is a gun shot over in the distance. Near downtown. All of the head over towards the crack, except for the one that I'm fighting with. "Get off." I shove it off of me and lift my gun up. I go to shoot it but it clicks. It backfired. No no no no. This can't be happening. "No!" I yell. Max is finishing off with the other ones. "You will pay for what you did." The Spreader grumbles to me. I back up and end up in an alley. I was cornered. "W-what? H-how can you talk?" I ask it. "Wow. Don't even recognize your old friend?" He pulls out a sharpened knife. "Emad?" I ask him. I study his face. So the Spreaders are dead, but they are smarter than what zombies are. They can still think. But they think to kill instead. "You should've never been mean to me. You're the reason I got bit. It's all YOUR fault!!!" He spits in my face. "Now. Any last words?" He asks me. "MAX!!!!!" I yell on the top of my lungs. He slides the cold metal blade across my throat. My body instantly goes into shock once I start to tell the awful pain rushing through my body. My throat continues to bleed dark blood onto the ground as I fall onto my side. He walks away. Max? Where are you? Help me! Please! I struggle to breathe as Emad walks away, leaving me here to die. "Oh my gosh!!! Bryanna?!?" White light takes over my eyesight as I drift off into nothing.
•••••••••••••••••
Hey guys! This is going to be the last chapter of this book! Please stay updated because I will be posting my new book soon! Hope you enjoyed it!!