Chapter 6

The sun is now rising at 5:30am. But it's not like a normal day you would expect. No sound of birds chirping. No fresh morning dew. No bright green grass. It's all unusual then what we were used to. Me, Tai, and Denis one by one wake everyone up. The fire is now only a few sparks. Everyone solely woke up and started packing to leave the camp. In a few hours we would leave and scavenge for more supplies and to find more survivors. I walk over to my brother and help him pack up. "Bry. Do you think there are any survivors out there?" He asked. "I'm not sure. But all I know is you're here, and so is everyone else. If we don't find anyone else, at least we have each other." I replied. Halley walks over with her things all packed up. "I'll be going out to get water. Besides, we will need it for the journey." She said. "Do you need help?" I asked her. "No, i'm good. You need to help everyone pack up." She walked towards the pond far off in the forest. "Okay everyone let's get moving! We leave in an hour." I yelled. 

................................................................................................................................................................

We start to head off into the forest like planed. I find Halley sitting on a rock sharpening her machete. Me and Halley lead the group through the thick forest. Off a distance we see smoke in the air. "Guys! Everyone this way!" Halley yells. We run through the forest and find blood splattered on the ground. My eyes paint out a blurred vision of two people sitting down by the campfire. As we approach closer I realize who it is.