Chapter 51-/- Juliana's P.O.V

We heard people running closer and closer to the house. Faith and I decided to make a run for it, we couldn't risk getting caught for what we did to them. We grab several supplies and sneak out the back door  we hop the chain linked fence, and then run into the city. Which, might I add, was pretty stupid considering how many Spreaders there will be due to mass population. That was the only direction we could go though without getting caught for literal, attempt murder of 12 people. As we continue to run up the steep streets of Toronto, Faith begins to slow down. "What are you doing? We need to run." I ask. "What do you mean? They didn't see us, they'll be more focused on saving the others. We're far from the house by now." She says catching her breath. "I guess you're right." I shrug my shoulders. Finally, we reach a building just out of downtown, a pizza shop. "Sweet!" I say joyfully. I pick the lock of the door with my bobby pin, I know, it sounds cliche, but it actually works. We enter the cold, dark, empty, pizzeria. The smell of cheese pizza lingers in this ghost town, making my stomach gurgle with hunger. "Hey June. Come here." Faith says coming from the back room. She finds 10 pizza boxes in the still warm "oven", the type they use to keep them warm until customers arrive. There's also 5 packages of garlic sticks along with many different types of dip. "I'm surprised nobody had the same idea to come into a pizza store." I think out loud. "Maybe it's because if there are any others out there, they probably are scavenging through grocery stores." Faith replies. That's true though.
••••••••••
We had one pizza and two bags of garlic sticks. We decide we should continue to move because there is still a possibility they're after us. We snatch the rest of the garlic sticks, and walk out the door. Shit, shit, shit, shit! There's so many Spreaders up ahead. We can't go any farther. "OWW!" Faith yells. "What happened?!" I ask her. "I-I can't move my ankle." Shit! She broke it. It's turned over to the side and has a bone sticking out. "Here. We have to go!" I lift her up and carry her. Part way I start to slow down, I can't carry her anymore. "Faith. I'm sorry." I apologize. "What do you mea....." bam! I lower my gun away from her head, and drop her corpse onto the grass. I run as fast as I can and approach the house. Stupidly, I run past it. "Guys look! Is that......GET HER!" Caroline, Dylan, and Olivia yell. They all run after me as I enter the forest. I loose them all except for one. Halley. She runs after me with her machete and finally corners me. Dammit! "Halley. My dear step sister. You'd never hurt me." I mess with her. "You don't deserve to live. You killed 5 people! You have been a total bitch! Also, you are a complete pain in the ass to have around! So, yes. I will kill you!" She fires back. I start to laugh. "I killed Faith. She didn't deserve to live either. She just held me back. Also, I don't fucking care if you shoot me! See!?" I roll up my pant leg and show her my bite from one of the Spreaders. "T-that's why you've been like this. Isn't it?" I go down on my knees and beg her. "Please. Don't kill me. I know I've done wrong, but I want the last little bit of my life to be a different person." She lowers her knife and snaps out of it. "Thank you." I say. "No problem!" She lifts her machete back up and slits my throat with a quick slice. I gasp for air, as my final breathes take over. Blackness surrounds me as I drift off into the never ending pit.
———————