Chapter 37-/-Halley's P.O.V

Me and Ryan turn left as 4 zombies follow us. Shit. "Faster! Let's go!!" I yelled to Ryan who was right beside me. We keep running and eventually loose sight of them. They could be anywhere. We thankfully have guns incase of emergency. I slipped mine into the belt of my ripped jeans. I then stop and pull my hair up into a ponytail, and tie my sweater around my waist. Thank god I'm wearing a tank top underneath. "This way. We should find somewhere to stay for the night." Ryan tells me. I follow him as we lightly jog through the forest. I feel my foot get caught in something as I fall down onto the ground. Ouch! "Halley! Are you okay?!" He asks concernedly. I nod my head and brush off soul from my pants. "I'm fine. It's just a root." I answer. We keep running and then slow down, and start walking. They're long gone. Wow!!! That's beautiful! "Ryan! Look!!!" It's a small little village in the forest over looking Lake Ontario. We step inside one of the 4 houses. We already checked the others, nobody. There's a tiny closet where we hang up our sweaters and I throw my shoes into the shoe rack. We walk into a tiny kitchen that has stainless steel appliances and black cabinets. There's a tiny, round kitchen table for 4 with a vase on top. We walk into the family room, and see a gas fireplace and a chair and a small couch. There a mantel filled with family photos, I set each one down. I can't bear to look at them, they're probably dead now, or should I say "alive". There is a bedroom with a double bed and a window looking over the lake. There's a tiny closet in the corner of the room as well. Ryan walked into a room with a single bed and a big closet, with a big window. "I'll take this room. You can have the big bed." He says. "Are you sure?" "Yes. Go ahead." He's so nice. "Thanks." I say. I throw my backpack onto the bed and sit on the couch in the family room. He brings me over a hot chocolate and sits beside me. He flicks on the fire and I talk to him for hours. Turns out we have a lot in common. He kept making me laugh, and I eventually forgot about what was outside this house. It made me feel warm and cozy on the inside. "You're amazing Halley. Did you know that?" He grins and I smile. I play my head on the pillow and drift to sleep. Finally, I no longer think about the deadly beasts out in the woods, but I think about an amazing guy that's sitting right beside me.