Chapter 31-/-Caroline's P.O.V

Juliana is so mean and snappy today. I don't know what started all of this, she was fine before Sydney died. But then she turned. Faith decided she wanted to join us, that's fine. I just sense something off with her. I walk over towards the back bedroom and lay on the bed. I don't care that the sheets were used, or the pillows, or anything. I'm tired and it doesn't even matter anymore. We need supplies. We need weapons, and soon. There's zombies. We have no chance of survival without anything to protect ourselves. We couldn't even nail up windows because we have nothing. What we did was cover them with sheets and all stayed very quiet. Nobody's allowed on the second floor. That's the rule. The floorboards and structure aren't safe enough, due to the earthquake. I let my mind stop thinking about things and let my sleepless nights catch up, as I fall asleep.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The sun peeks through the curtains as I open my crusted closed eyes. I slowly sit up and climb out of bed. Was I home? Was all the apocalypse stuff a dream? I look out the window and see the same world I've been stuck in for awhile now. Nope. This is reality. "Uggghhh" I groan. Why did this have to happen. I want to go home with my siblings and mom. I want to see my chocolate brown Labrador, Chole. We only had her for three years. I can't imagine everyone and everything I once knew as reality, is gone. This "new" life sucks. I walk out and hear the sounds of others still sleeping. There's no clock that works so nobody ever knows the time here. Again, it sucks. I throw on my grey under armour sweater and brush my medium length brown hair. I plop myself onto the half of a couch and realize something. Everyone has cleaned up the main floor. "Where did you guys put all the crap?" I ask. Eirelyn pointed outside. "We all brought it outside onto the grass." She responds. Well, it looks a lot better in here I have to admit. Denis, Faith, Juliana, Eirelyn, Liam, Brooke, Hakim, Dylan and Liv are the only others here. Halley left to find Bryanna with Ewan and Tai. I don't know where Bryanna or Emad are. Who knows. I wonder though, if they're even alive?