Chapter 24-/-No Words

I quickly bolt up sweat forming on my forehead. It was all just a dream? Thank god! But, why do I keep getting here weird dreams?! Max comes over beside me and makes sure I'm okay. "Your fine, it's just another bad dream." He comforts me. I look around to room to see a teen girl laying by the fire. She has brownish hair and is soaking wet. I then sit up and have a sip of my water. "Bry!" The girl yells cheerfully. Little did I know it was my best friend, Halley. My stomach fills with joy as if I was a little kid opening presents at Christmas. I get up and walk over to her. We embrace our joy into a short hug. "How did you find me?!" I ask. "Well, it was pouring rain out so I found this house. Little did I know you and Max were inside." She answers. I look over at Max and smile. "Thank you!" I say happily. Knowing one of your friends are alive means everything. I never knew I would have so many emotions when I saw them again. "Where's Care, Ewan, Tai, Dylan, and the others?" I ask my joy slowly dying. Her excitement drops and so does her smile. "Umm... Caroline was with me but then her, Tai, and Ewan wondered off and I lost them. The others are all back at the house." Halley says. She picks up her backpack and walks over to the door. I walk right in front of her to block her path. "Where do you honk you're going Halley?" I worried. "Look, my goal was to make sure you're safe, which you are. Now I need to make sure that the others are too." She does have a solid point. "Also, I know Max and you will come back "home" when you're stable and healthy enough to do so." She forced a smile and headed out the door. We both wave each other goodbye. The door closes in front of my face. My smile drops as I walk over to the couch. "Bryanna?" I just keep staring at the ground. What do I even say? My friend just left me and I don't know if I'll ever see her again? Nope. I wonder if everyone is still okay. I hope so.