Chapter 48-/- Shawn's P.O.V

As we continue to paddle our way through this misty fog, we all seem to ponder on the same thought. What are we thinking? Why didn't we make the others go with us you might ask? It's simple. Nobody really is the leader right now, nor should anyone be. We should all be able to do what we want in a safe and smart matter. We made our choice and as well did they. The fog cloud seems to lift as we approach closer to the land the north of us. I think we're going the right way, but it's hard to tell without at least, a compass to help direct our directions. I don't know who they are talking about being back at the house, but I'm sure they will be alive. Hopefully. "Hey Shawn. Do you know Juliana, Faith, Eirelyn......." She kept listing names, while I stared off into space. ".....and Caroline?" She finishes. Wait. Caroline? "Who did you say?" I ask her. "Caroline. As in Caroline Grant, I think she was in your English class or something." She replies. No way. I know her. Calm down Shawn, it's just a girl. I can't help it though, when we were in class we would always make eye contact, i capsule to help it. She's so funny, smart, and beautiful. It would be an awkward few seconds, but I enjoyed every second we say each other. I just hope she feels the same way about me. Otherwise I'll be completely making a fool of myself. It's obvious that Ryan likes Halley, and I think Max may like Bryanna. I'm not sure about them liking my friends back, but that's not a big deal right now. What is a big deal, is making sure Caroline and the others are all safe. Apparently Bryanna's brother is there too. He's only ten. I can't imagine how worried she must be for him. I'm The youngest out of my siblings. I have one older sister named Amy, she's 18, and I have a older brother named Chris, he's 21. It kinda sucks being the youngest, in babied by everyone, misunderstood, lonely, independent. I wish I had some type of younger sibling to take care of. We eventually reach the mainland and pull the canoe onto shore. I have no slightest clue of where we are, but Ewan does. "I used to go here all the time. The house everyone is at should be just up the road. I remember my mom taking me down here and past that house. I always thought it was creepy and abandoned until......" Ewan runs on and on. "Sorry Ewan, but we need to focus on getting there. Not story time. Save that for the fires." Bryanna laughs. Me and Max both smile. We start to walk up the hill on the sidewalk. "How you doing with all this bud? I mean. It's gotta be hard for you too." Max asks me. "I'm fine. What about you?" I ask him back. "Okay. I guess." He replies. What everyone, but Ryan and Max, doesn't know, is that I had to see my mom, dad, and grandma get ripped to shreds by my older brother. He was one of the Spreaders. I ended up shooting him, which drew all the others to my house, so I ran. As we approach the house everyone gets fidgety. We reach the door step and come across some piercing screams. What on earth is happening in there!? Max opens the door. Oh. My. Gosh.