Chapter 49-/- S.O.S

As we slowly turn the knobs the screams stop. What the heck is going on in this house?! The door opens with a creak as we all cautiously creep towards where the screaming now is starting again. There's nobody out here, just this door with a lock on it. "Watch out." Max warns me as he busts the lock with his handgun. I open the door worried of what will be on the other side. "Oh my gosh." I whisper. There are two burning Spreaders walking over to a corpse and several of my friends still alive, the others injured. I grab the switch blade from my pocket and stab the one in its head. Max takes care of the other one. Blood is everywhere on me, it's gross of course, but I saved my friends. I see Caroline with my brother, sobbing in tears of joy and fear. They're all in shock still. I walk around to see Hakim dead, Alexia dead, Noah bleeding out, and my brother crying. He runs up and gives me a big hug. "Bry!" He manages to stumble across over his quick gasps for air. I'm so glad we're all together again. But, where's Juliana and Faith? Shawn walks over to Caroline. "Are you alright? You seem shaken up." He worriedly says to her. He's so sweet to her, it's like they're meant to be together. They both awkwardly stand there looking into each others eyes, and manage to form into a hug. "Who did this?" I finally am able to ask. They all look over to me with fear in their faces.
••••••••••••
Me and Ewan help dig up holes outside the house, wide and long enough to burry the dead bodies. We only need 3 graves, for now. Noah is getting worse by the second, Caroline is with him along with Shawn watching in the distance. Every once and awhile the look at each other but quickly look away. Once we have finished digging the holes, several hours of it, we get help from Max and Denis to burry the bodies.
•••••••••••••
The two graves are now filled and have a handmade cross overtop of each one, along with their name. Noah is now gone, he's been out for a while. We can't kill him yet because we want to see how long it takes for someone to turn. Incase someone else turns down the road, it will help us know when to kill them. I walk back inside to wash my hands. I then fill my hands up with water, and splash the cold liquid onto my face. I grab a clean towel from the closet and wipe my face dry. I walk over to the bathroom and look at my reflection in the mirror. My blond hair is in knots, I have several cuts on my face, huge bags under my blue eyes, and my skin is a pale peach. I put the toilet seat down and sit on top, as if it was a chair. I still have the baby elephant in my pocket. I twiddle around with the wooden carving in my hands. I don't even know how to feel anymore. We had an amazing life on the island, but what would've happened if we didn't return? I helped save them, but now I could've still been in paradise. I feel happy that we're all safe, for now, but at the same time I feel sad for those who shouldn't have died. Nobody should've came after me when they saw I was missing. If they just stayed here none of this would've happened. It's all my fault. I stare at the brown tiles and go into a deep thought. I don't even remember what I was thinking, but it was eventually broken with someone's hand placed on my shoulder. "Bryanna? Is everything okay?" I recognize that voice from anywhere. I look up to see Max in his black hoodie and messed up spiked brown hair. His green eyes have bags under them, along with a few cuts on his face. I quickly stand up and give him a big hug. I don't know why I did that. It felt right at the time. He then returns the hug as well. "Thank you. For everything you've done." I whisper. I brake the hug and walk away. "Bryanna. Wait!" He trails along behind me as I sit onto the couch. "You don't need to thank me. I've done nothing." He sat down beside me. "What do you mean? You've rescued me from being flattened, you came along and supported me through everything, and I've done nothing in return, yet you still continue to help me. So yes, I should be thanking you." I reply. "Bryanna look, the only reason I did that is because I-I....." He was quickly interrupted by yelling from outside. "Guys look!! Quickly!!" Ewan tapped on the window. I give an apologetic look to Max, and run outside. I wonder what he was going to say. I look where Denis is pointing and see two figures running up to the house, as they approach closer I can easily tell who they are. A blond boy, along with a pink and brown haired girl. Ryan and Halley. What are they doing here?