Chapter 50-/-Reuntited

Halley and Ryan finally approach us and catch their breath. "Halley!" I hug her. Shawn and Max pull Ryan into a bro hug. "What are you guys doing here? I thought we'd come and meet back up with you at the island?" Ewan asks. Halley and Ryan look at each other then sigh. "The island was amazing, but we couldn't stand the thought of us being okay, and something possibly happening to you guys. So, we decided to try and meet back up. Several minutes after you guys left we then chose to follow you back to land. We were stopped by several Spreaders, but Halley was really good at kicking some Spreader ass." He looks over to Halley and laughs, as she rolls her eyes. "All that matters is that we're here, and here to stay. For good." Halley smiles. Me and Caroline pull her aside and fill her in on what has happened. "Are you frickn kidding me!? Those bitches! I swear, when either of them come back I will kill their sorry pathetic asses!" Halley says fuming in anger. "Look, calm down. What really matters is that we're all safe, for now, and all together as a group. If they come back, they won't be able to hurt us anymore." Caroline calms Halley down. "You're right. Sorry guys, it's just, you both mean so much to me. I wouldn't have ever forgiven myself if something happened to you." She lowers her head. "Hey, cheer up. What's been going on with you and Ryan?" I lift my eyebrow up in curiosity. She starts to blush. "N-nothing. What do you mean?" She avoids eye contact. "Oh c'mon Halley. We're not stupid. We both know there must be something going on between the two of you." Caroline laughs. "Okay, fine. When we were at the island looking for Bry, I fell and he helped me up. We almost had a "moment" but Ewan and Shawn interrupted us. Then once you guys were asleep that night, we went to this beautiful waterfall and there were so many fireflies floating around. It was...romantic. We sat and talked about each other for what seemed like hours, then we kept making eye contact..... and then, kissed. It was awkwardly amazing. I felt my heart pounding out of my chest. We then never have talked about it. But, we did kiss once you guys left. I really like him, I just don't know how to make it official. Ya know?" She tells us. "Halley that's incredible news! I'm so happy for you!" Me and Care both say. "Really? I thought you'd be grossed out." She answers. I laugh. "Are you kidding me? I'm proud of you!" I reply. "What should I do?" She asks. "I think you should just tell him. It's clear he likes you back, besides, what do you have to lose?" Caroline encourages her. "You're right. Thanks guys!" She runs over and pulls Ryan aside to talk. "Cute." I say. I feel Caroline looking at me. "What?" I ask. "Oh don't be a silly billy. I know what's gone on between you and Max. You should tell him too." She answers. "What? No way! He hasn't kissed me or anything. So how do I know?" I say. "Also, you and Shawn?" I raise my eyebrows up and down fast. "Leave me alone. Haha!" Caroline walks away as I join the group of guys.
•••••••••••
As we all are done reuniting with one another we make a fire pit. "I'll be back, I'm going to check on Cameron." As I walk back inside I notice my brother on the couch staring at nothing. He then slowly turns his head over in my direction, as if he was possessed or something. "Cameron? Are you okay?" I ask him. He flops back down and starts seizing. "HELP! Somebody HELP!" I yell. Caroline, Max, and Shawn run inside. "Crap! What happened!?" Caroline runs over to help him. "Help me hold him down!" She yells at Shawn. He runs over to help her keep my brother from choking. My eyes start to water, what's happening to him? He was completely fine a few minutes ago. "He stopped. But his pulse is very faint." She says sadly. "Will he wake up?" I ask her. "Probably, but once he does, he won't have long after though. I'm sorry Bry." What how is this possible!? "Wait a second. Did he get bit? Or scratched?" Max asks. I walk over to my still brother, and search his skin. "Crap." I mumble. He has a scratch along the side of his stomach. That's why this is happening to him. He's turning. I walk out of the room and into the kitchen. I place my hands on the counter and cry. This is all my fault. My brothers now dying because of Juliana and Faith. I want to kill them. It's all THEIR fault he's scratched. I wipe away my very few tears, but I don't move from the counter. I'm in some type of shock. I never thought he would've died. Not like this. "Bryanna ..... he's awake." Shawn waves me over. I walk over and sit beside Cameron. "B-Bry? W-what's happening?" He asks me. "Hey buddy. It's okay. Think of happy things. Hear the waves crashing over the beaches? See the people greeting us at the "safe haven"? Smell the tiger lilies blowing in the spring breeze?" I try to say anything I can to get his mind off of the fact that he's dying. "I love you so much." I whisper to him. "I-I love y-you too, B-Bry." I smile and hold his hand as his eyes slowly close and he lets out one last breath. He's gone.
••••••A few hours later••••••
There's one hole outside already dug up. Noah is dead. I had to shoot my brother, so he wouldn't turn. I don't care if others come, we will end up killing them. I didn't want to see him turn. As they finish burying Cameron, I engrave a special quote on his cross, that my mom always would say. "This elephant represents how strong you've been and will be a lucky charm throughout the rest of your life." -Kelsey Fairchild
My moms name.
I place the wooden elephant under the cross and bow my head. He's really gone.