Chapter 23-/- Max's P.O.V

Bryanna is in so much pain. I feel bad for keeping her. She wants to find her friends and I understand that. Right now she's sleeping. Tossing and turning. Must be a bad dream. Her face has dried up blood on it, her hair in awful knots, cuts and bruises on her arms and legs. She had a "rough landing" back at the house. I'm glad I found a safe place for her though. I was going to get firewood until I saw the sky get very dark. It's raining, a downpour. I walk over towards the fire place then set some logs in and light it. All of a sudden I hear a knock at the door. Who is out in this weather? I look out the peephole. It's another girl from my high school, Halley Kent. I let her in. She's drenched head to toe in water. "Stay right there." I tell her. I come back with a towel and hand it to her. "Follow me. You can sit by the fire to warm up." Stupidly I forgot to mention that her best friend they thought was dead or missing is here. Crap. Before I could say anything she ran over to her. "I thought she died! Why did you keep her here? Why did you take her?" She asks me. I brush my hair back with my hand and look around the room awkwardly. What do I say? It's exactly as it sounds. I took a girl, to a house, and never brought her back. "I tried to help her. She was crying from underneath the shelf then I didn't hear it anymore. I pulled her out and took her here where it's safe." I say. "Thanks I guess." She says. "I'm Max." I mention. "Halley." She says. (Go read/follow halley1881 for some good fanfics.) I know the main reason for saving Bryanna. Nobody knows. Not even her. What they don't realize is that I'm Halley's brother.