Chapter 14-/-Where did I go wrong?

Why is he mad at me? What did I do wrong? Who knows? I sit back on the log and cover my face with my hands. I couldn't help it. There's nobody I need to be strong for at this point, so I just let loose. I hear footsteps approach me coming from the direction of the fire. I felt the log move as someone sat down beside me. I heard breathing. Too heavy to be a girls. I then feel a hand placed on my shoulder. He's trying to comfort me. I then look up and see who it is.
My other good friend, tall, longer hair, goof. Ewan. I try to smile. He looks concerned, as he continues to keep his hand in my shoulder. "What happened?" He asks. I sniffle and try to clam down, I then wipe my tears away. "He, he, yelled at me, we got in a fight, and now he doesn't want to be friends." I start. I then explain everything that happened. He looked disappointed and frustrated. "Why would Emad do that? Don't worry he's just being a jerk." Ewan says upsettingly. I then look around and he removes his hand from my shoulder. "Thanks for helping me. You're a great friend." I reply. He smiles and goes closer to the fire. He sits down on the ground and waves me over. I wanted to stay over here. I wanted to be alone. But, it's not safe to be alone anymore. I get up and walk over towards Ewan.  We then just talk and keep each other company for the rest of the night. As dusk fell over I realized something was off. Emad. Where is he!? I was up all night and didn't even see him leave!! I tell everyone to wake up. "Why can't you ever shut up and let us sleep!?" Juliana argues. "Emad's gone." I reply.