Chapter 36-/-Running away

Me and Max run to the right. No Spreaders have followed us yet, thankfully. We keep running with all our strength. My legs start to hurt and feel loose, as if they were going to fall off if I don't stop. We then hear the sounds of rushing water from up ahead. We continued to run closer and closer to the sound and stumbled across this beautiful waterfall pouring into a stream and continuing down the meadow. We both hopped over the river and saw this cute little cottage hidden in the bright green pine trees along with rows of beautiful tall grass blowing in the wind. "This will work for tonight. But tomorrow we need to head home." I say. "Wherever That is." He nods his head in agreement.
•••••••••••••
Max opens the door as the nice smell of flowers continues to surround us. It's a beautiful front entrance, there's a painting of a mom holding her baby with a table and a vase on top. We set our sweaters on the floor and slip off our shoes. It doesn't matter about cleaning anything anymore, but this house was too gorgeous to track mud around in. We walk out into the kitchen that has new, white, IKEA cabinets and a tiny island. The nice granite counter and stainless steel appliances go really well with it. The water here still works, must be connected to that stream outside. We continue to walk on the nice spruce wood floorboards and head into the living room. There's a black flat screen tv hanging above a white ,Victorian crowned, fireplace. Looks like the updated the place completely, but still kept some of its original features, I like it. There's a nice black coffee table sitting on top of a shaggy grey carpet. Along with a black sectional couch with a side table, holding a beautiful white lamp. The walls are a nice whit grey throughout the entire house. There's a small 1/2 bathroom with a toilet and sink. We head upstairs and go into the master bedroom, there's another tv and fireplace along with a tiny closet. There's a window over looking the entire meadow. We then go into the tiny, little kids, bedroom that has a single bed and a tiny dresser. But still includes a window as well. There's only one bathroom that has a shower and a nice vanity. It's overall a cute house, doable for one night.
••••••••••
"I can take the tiny room. You take the master." Max states. I shake my head no. He can't be that kind. He deserves it more than I do. "No, you take it. You've gone through so much trouble to help take care of me, it's only fair that you get something nice along the way." I reply. "I've already got something nice." He smiles at me. This is awkward, he's so sweet though. "Just take it please? I don't want to get mad." I beg him. He starts to laugh and then manages to speak. "Fine. Just don't throw a temper tantrum, I shouldn't be able to ground you." I roll my eyes and playfully punch his shoulder. We both make a cup of hot chocolate and sit down on the couch. Max goes over and starts a fire to warm this place up. I head over to the closet and get a blanket. He stays by the fire sipping from his mug, every once and a while he looks back and smirks. What a goof. This time he put the marshmallows on his teeth and said, "Look! I've lost some teeth!" As he pulls them out. I can't help but laugh every time. He's trying to make me happy and stop worrying about everything for one minute. I place my mug onto the coffee table and then fall asleep.