Chapter 30-/-Running wild an running free

We run though the hot, thick, humid forest. Branches cut our ankles as we trip over the old roots of the trees. "This way!" Halley yells. We all turn left and see a house appear as we draw near. It's not the one we were staying at before, but it'll do. "Quickly! Get in." Ewan says. I scramble to open the door. The golden knob falls off. Are you kidding me!!?? "Here. Move out of the way." Halley kicks down the door and we run inside. Thankfully there is a tool kit in Tai's backpack. We nail the door back up and put wood across the windows to prevent the zombies from seeing us and braking in. "That was close." Emad sits down with a cough. "Dude. Take your puffer you sound like an obese walrus." Tai laughs. Me and Halley laugh along. Suddenly there's a knocking on the door. "Please! We need inside! There coming!" Two guys yelled. Halley looks out the peephole. "Guys. It's Ryan and Shawn." Halley speaks. We scream though the door. "Go to the back door!" They run over towards the back and bang on the door. Ewan runs over and let's them in. "Thank god you guys let us in. We need to nail boards on this door too." Ryan says. He's an average sized teenager, skinny, blond hair, glasses, and is wearing a white Adidas sweater. He's our age. Then there's Shawn, who is wearing a black Nike hoodie with converse shoes. He has dirty blond hair swept to the side, he's tall and thin. He looks like a f-boy. All the cute ones normally are. We all sit down and start to talk about anything but what has happened recently. It was nice to have a good conversation to get our minds off of everything. We then hear a heard of zombies walking past the house. I run over to the peephole and see at least 5 zombies walking past. Max, Shawn, and Ryan all are best buddies so they are having their own talk. "Yo. Did you hear about that Riley chick. She's hot." Shawn whispered to them. Max and Ryan look less into the conversation. At least they aren't just into that kind of stuff. Me, Halley, Ewan, and Tai have a chat while Emad sleeps on the ground. We all settle in for the night as the darkness slowly takes over the house.