01:Sugar

Sometimes you can't explain what you see in a person. Its just the way they take you to a place nobody else can.  

The average winter here in London was the type of winter that everyone contradicted with a love hate relationship. It was the type to force you to breath into your hands, making them clammy and cold, only to repeat the process a few minutes passing because cold had taken over again. I loved the way it looked with the snow on the ground and the smell of Jack Frosts delicate touch and it makes me want to lock the senses in a jar. Then again, as my face numbs, my hands cringe and a shudder of chills is sent down my spine, all I long for are warm covers or the sensation of a long gone summer sun. 

My freezing fingers nonethless grabbed the rather freezing cold handle of the coffee shop. This was what I did most nights, after work I'd come home late at night and walk a few blocks to the coffee shop.

 The bell ran throughout the empety shop as I stomped my feet on the rug at the door, the now melted snow on my shoes were diverted to the rug. 

My boots squeaked as I walked across the stoned flooring.  I shoved my red and numb hands into either one of my pockets stopping at the front counter. 

"Hi, max!" George greeted sweetly, with a small smile. "Want the usual?" He offered punching in a  few things on the machine

I giggled sweetly nodding, with a small smile on my lips. "You know me so well" 

I watched as george, carefully made up my hot cocoa, with extra whipped cream. It was the best thing ever. He always gave me extra whipped cream. 

"Two pounds" George handed over my coffee. The now warm cup in my hands had seemed to warm them up already. I placed the cup on the counter. Digging into my purse I pulled out the exact amount handing it over to him.

"Thanks Max." He smiled placing the cash into the register.

"I'm just gonna relax here for a while if thats alright."

"Yeah sure." He nodded gesturing for me to get comftorable.

I turned away from him and took a seat in the corner, where the heating vents were. I took a small sip of the cocoa, it warmed my throat as my feet rested on the bars underneath the table full of magazines.

"Your not really busy this late at night are you?" I questioned curiously, my light blue eyes, burning into his brown ones.

"No..not really..people usually dont crave coffee at 1 in the morning" He chuckled, humor hinting in his voice.

I giggled taking another sip of the amazing drink. "I guess it's just me then" I shrugged.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I heard the bell ringing throughout my ears. My eyes diverting over towards the guy that entered, kicking off his boots. 

He was dressed rather snug. He wore a grey beanie, which left some of his brown tousled curls that stubbornly refused to go in, to go noticed. 

Our eyes met for a quick second. Before I awkwardly took another sip of my drink. He turned away and headed towards the counter. I watched him intently over the rim of my cup.

His eyes were a shade of green, hinting with a light blue. I could see his dimples peaking through his cheeks as he spoke to george. 

He even ordered hot cocoa, with whipped cream..just like me. Maybe he was just copying what I got so I would notice him?

Naah..its just a coincidence.

"Thank you sir" He spoke. His voice was low, I could hear his british accent pour throughout his words. He turned around, to face me. 

He was walking over to me..He was standing infront of me.

"Can I join you?" His deep voice caught me off guard.

Play it cool max..play it cool.

"uh..um...sure whatev's."

Whatev's really!? Damn it.

He chuckled, a little taking a seat on the red couch across from mine.  

"Thanks." He noted, taking a sip of his cocoa. Thankfully there was a table inbetween us, my nervous tapping of my foot going unnoticed by him.

"no problem," I weakly smiled. 

Harry's POV

She was gorgeous. Even if she just wore her hair in a pony tail. Her eyelashes batting with every blink she took. She was pure beauty. She had beautiful bone structure, lips to die for. She was a total babe. I had to have her.

"Whats your name, sugar" 

Max's POV

Did he just call me sugar? I just died a little inside.

"M-max..and yours?" I placed my half empety cup onto the table between us. I crossed my leg over my other, as my hands rested on my knee.

"Harry." 

I smiled, nodding. Looking at the lock placed just behind harry's head I read 1:15. I knew I probably had hideous and embarrassing bags under my eyes, I was tired and exhausted.

"Well..Harry. I should get home, I will see you around." I wrapped my fingers around the cup forcing myself up from the seat.

"Let me, give you a ride..It's snowing really hard." Harry pulled himself up aswell standing infront of me.

What the hell? Is this boy serious? 

"no.." I demanded "I'm fine with walking" I pushed past him, he was so intimidating..it was creepy. My heart raced, as I waved goodbye to george grabbing the exit handle.

Harry then grabbed my arm, pulling me back to him. "Get off of me" I squirmed around in his hold.  He refused, his strength overpowering mine. I noneless poured my hot cocoa over him. It was the only thing I could do..I was a weak link.

"Keep your, hands off of her pal!"

George demanded, racing towards us. Harry then let go of me, shoving me away he turned towards George. Harry's height towering over george's. 

"max, I will give you a ride home..I'm about to close up the shop." George and Harry stood infront of one another, their eyes burning into one anothers.

I clutched my bag to my side. "alright" I whispered, tossing my now empety cup into the trash besides me.

"You need to go mate.." Harry then turned around, shoving the door open he stormed out. 

"You always attract the assholes." George and I both laughed before leaving.