78:forget everything.

Hi guys, thank you for all of you who do comment but unfortunately I won't be updating until I get more comments. I take a lot of time to write this and it's very unappreciated so nonetheless thank you for your support from the rest of you :) Enjoy

Max's POV.

I press my ear against my cell phone after picking it up, I place my bag at the end of the bed, and my books spill out. I fall down on the mattress in front of me. "Hello?"

"Hi dear!" My mum beams, her voice full of excitement. Why is she calling me? I told her I was done with her, even though I tried doing something for Harry like trying to forgive her, for him..but, look where I am now. I told him I would agree to a civil relationship with her because his parents were gone and he said it would mean a lot to him. I chuckle to myself.

"Hi." I clear my throat, picking the lint off of my sweater as I rest against the cherry wood headboard.

"How are you sweetie?" Why the hell is this uncaring witch pretending to care about me and how I am doing. I tangle my fingers in my hair, while my eyes travel across the room.

"I'm fine..how are you?" My voice is dry and laced with disinterest. I don't really feel like talking to her right now, I just had a horrible day, the Liam and Luke drama and the final exam I could merely study for, I know I failed it. It was no doubt, I couldn't even remember learning half the things that were on the exam.

"I'm good, I just can't believe you're twenty tomorrow!" I can hear her smile through the phone even though I can't see her. Her high voice is to pitchy for her not to be smiling. I twist the ends of my hair. God, I am twenty tomorrow. I had forgotten about everything over the past few days, my whole life revolved around that curly boy. I forgot there was a world out there.

"I know, me either." I blantly say, tugging off my boots with one hand, tossing them anywhere on the floor. I relax my head on the headboard behind me staring at the ceiling fan above my head.

"We miss you so much, honey. I wish we could spend the day with you." And why can't you?

"Yeah, so do I." I don't feel like conversating, so asking questions isn't going to help that at all.

"Anyway, your father and I both love you.." D-did she just say she loves me? I choke on the thin air, I felt suffocated. I never heard her say that in four fucking years. I feel my body tense. I don't know what to say but goodbye. I quickly cut the line short and I inwardly sigh. She has nerve to say that, after all of those years she finally says it, she finally says she loves me. Where was she when I needed someone to show it? Oh right, making sure that I was going to the best college in the country to find the cure for cancer. I scowl, combing the knots out of my tangled hair with my fingers.

I here a light tap on my door and before I can blurt out a come in, Harry is standing in my doorway with one hand tucked in his pocket. His hair isn't in a hill on top of his head like it usually is, and his clothes are dingy. I gulp down the feeling of sympathy. He looks torn apart. Frankly, I am.

"Harry," The words tumble out of my mouth, and the air is thick, making it harder for me to breathe as I stare at the boy who is in a bad posture. His back is hunched over and his eyes pierce into mine.

I want to fold him in my arms, I want to kiss Harry until I can't anymore, I just want him so much..too much, I can't handle this feeling of darkness that has erupted in my body over the past two days. My mind is racing through so many thoughts right now, the one I am stuck on is why Harry is here..why isn't he behind bars.

His eyes bleed into my blue sorry ones. Why am I always so vulnerable against Harry. Why can't I just hate him? Why do I have to be the one who is desperate for the other. Why do I have to be the one who grieves for the other when we're not together.