20:She is yours.

M A X

I knew that Harry was stressed out from earlier, so I knew that he was going to get drunk tonight. I had this burning feeling that something was going to happen, but I ignored it..I couldn't control Harry. Sometimes, times like this I wish that I could. 

Louis and Eleanor were spotted by the bar ordering, drinks. Just when Harry and I were going to approach them, a squeaky voice echoed.

"Harry!?" 

He spun around, taking me with him as we watched a beautiful tanned girl near. Her black dress was tight, and exposing leaving little to imagination. Dark hair draped over one shoulder.

"Shit" Harry mumbled, the music was loud but I could still hear him. She passed through the living room, while stopping in front of us. The grip of my hand tightened. I glanced up at him questionably, before her voice snapped my head back at her.

"Hmm Mittens is here" she gushed.

I don't know if she was referring to me, or not because she was staring at harry. I took in her appearance, she was a little shorter than me, beautiful skin and light makeup. I noticed the annoyed look Harry gave her. I frowned as she playfully placed her hand on harry's chest. There was something telling me that Harry already knew that she was going to be at this event. Maybe this was why Harry wanted to bring me. Her presence was annoying me, and I couldn't stand the feeling of wanting to vomit all over her expensive pumps, and yell at her to remove her hand from Harry.

 "Her name is Max, jade" Harry stubbornly corrected her almost pained.

My lips parted while I watched her fingers fall down Harry's long torso, the unnecessary lingering touch, irritating me. My head tilted to the side, trying to ignore her, meeting Harry's wincing gaze. 

"I haven't seen you for so long..have you been hiding from me handsome, since you've been friends with Mittens." Her voice was stubborn. 

Was I completely invisible to her? She was flirting with Harry right infront of me..did she not know we were together? I cleared my throat, and her sharp brown eyes fell onto me. A hint of annoyance raved in her voice when she spoke, 

"She's adorable Harry."

Harry tugged my body a little closer to his, wrapping his arm behind my waist resting his hand on my hip. 

"I thought you guys were just friends" She giggled shaking her head. "Are you two dating?"

My eyes widened, her bluntness was shocking. She really didn't beat around the bush. She was out forward, no hesitation. Before any of us could reply someone called out Harry's name. I realized it was Louis, who wanted him to meet one of his friends. 

"Go, I will keep her safe." Jade suggestively smiled. I didn't need anybody to 'keep me safe' I could hold my own. 

I scoffed, and turned towards Harry. Harry look warily at Jade then at me. Letting go of my waist. 

"Go" She gave him a sweet and innocent smile, encouraging him.

“Max?” Harry asked questioningly.

“It’s alright.” I whispered.

Harry placed a lingering kiss on my cheek, before turning away. The smile faded from my lips when Harry jogged away. I turned back to jade who was intimately staring at Harry while he walked towards Louis, her eyes falling down Harry's body. Jade immediately dropped the innocent card, pulling me aside near the steps.