75:vulnerable

Harry's POV.

Max is distant, on our ride back home. I even ponder over taking her back to the apartment, I miss spending so much time with her there, I miss sharing showers and bath's with her. I miss the fact that we didn't have to be cautious when and where we fuck. We just did.

"I don't want you to come back to Eleanor's with me." Her voice cracks. I quickly glance over at the broken girl beside me, her arms are crossed over her stomach, and her eyes are hooded, staring out of the window. Watching
the trees while we pass by them, quickly-going 20mph over the speed limit.

"Why? I want to be with you." I plea, completely left in the dust. I am starting to find myself worry about her. Starting to worry about us, and everything going on around us. I gently squeeze her thigh, and she tenses, resting back against the seat.

Her body is cold, I trace my fingers over the goosebumps on her perfect legs. I want to know what is going on in that wanderous head of hers.

As I drive, my fingers drum against the steering wheel, I can't believe I am an uncle, and Gemma is married, living in the states. I've been gone for a long time now, I probably missed out on so much, i wouldn't be shocked if my Mom was married to robin now.

He wasn't my favorite person, and was one of the reasons I left Cheshire. I didn't have anything left there, I hated everything and everyone there, Cheshire held so many horrible events in my life, I don't want to relive them again. I can't begin to explain how much shit I have been through as a kid, and teenager, I blame my mother for the reason I am the way I am. I'm still happy with my choice of leaving, I wouldn't ever go back if I had the chance to.

Max's POV.

"For you it's all just a game right? Everything we've been through it was all a game." I buried my hands in my palms as harry's arm draped across my back. All I could think was that I needed him. I needed his arms around me, I needed him to hold me, and tell me everything is okay and that we would find a way like we always do.

"Of course not" Said Harry sadly. In the most horrific tone, he had ever. He wore almost the same amount of pain on his face as me. It was strange, how Harry could lead me to believe he was sad so many times.

Harry's POV.

I watched Max, break down. I lied, I tore her apart every single day. Just when I thought I couldn't rip her apart anymore, I shred her to pieces. I kiss her hand, and every single one of her soft finger pads. I felt faint with loving her so much.

"P-please don't do this..I can't st-stand feeling like this. It's killing me." I say, on the verge of panic. The wall Max had built up around her, was shutting me out. She wasn't listening. I couldn't get through to her.

"I'm done Harry."

I winced. "Don't say that."

"It's over. Take me home."

My heart shatters to pieces. Dropping harshly to the ground, with just those words, she ripped me apart, almost how I did her.

I shook my head hurriedly. "I can't do that..I can't let you leave."

"Why on earth would I stay with you? You've manipulated and lied to me way to many times." I stare into her glassed-filled marbles.

"If you loved me you wouldn't leave."

Max's POV.

Mum was right. She was right all along, and I was to blind and naive to see it. She told me that I can't trust everyone I encounter, not everyone is going to be honest. And not every man who comes into your life will stay. I've come to my breaking point. The point where my body cannot physically nor mentally take anymore abuse from Harry.