Chapter 42

Josilyn Pov

I slowly woke up when I felt the sun rays stabbing me in the eyes. I groaned, squeezing my eyes back shut.

"Louis I had the worst dream.." I whine.

When I don't hear a reply, I continue, slowly turning around.

"You had left me and you.." I trail off as I blink my eyes. Staring at the empty sheets next to me.

Yesterday begins to playback in my head, and everything comes back to me. My lip slowly begins to tremble and I can feel the tears surfacing. It wasn't a dream.

{Holy shit my eyes just watered just then as I wrote that wtf. Oh my god I'm actually Josie rn wooaah}

I bring my hands to my face as I once again begin to cry into them. I thought it was a dream. I wish it was a dream.

A big nightmare.

But it's reality.

Minutes later, the door is opened slowly and Zayn's head pops through the crack, "Oh you're awake." He frowns when he sees my wet face.

He opens the door wider with his foot and comes through with breakfast on a tray. Niall, Olivia, Lex, and Em following.

Lex runs over to me, pulling me into a tight hug. Not saying a word, she makes me scooch over on the bed. I sniff and try to hold back my tears as I hug her back.

Zayn sits down on the bed and slowly sets the tray down on my lap, "We made you breakfast."

"I made the eggs," Niall smiles proudly. He knows I love his scrambled eggs.

Olivia smiles softly as she sets the glass of orange juice on the nightstand, "I'm sorry I didn't know what to bring you to drink. There was lemonade, orange juice, and milk. I just-"

"It's fine. Thanks." I say quietly with my cracky voice.

Louis would've known to bring me tea.

Lex pulls me in tighter.

"The other guys would've helped but Liam and Harry have interviews today. They said they hope you feel better and will be calling to check in on you." Emily interjects.

I give a slow nod.

"H-Has.. he.." I trail off as I try my best to blink back my tears. This isn't the fair, this advantage he has over me.

"No." Zayn somehow catches on to what I was trying to say.

I look down at my lap as I bite on my trembling lip.

"But they've left numerous voicemails, explaining what happen, so if he listened, I'm sure he'd be right on his way back." Olivia speaks.

Her face is full of sympathy. I don't want her sympathy.

I look down at the huge plate of food in front of me. It was an extremely sweet gesture but I wasn't in the mood to eat. I was hungry, yes.

Starving even, since I'm apparently eating for two.

But I just couldn't bring myself to eat. It's like my stomach said yes but my head said no. Like I'd be doing something wrong of some sort.

Clearly the right choice would be to eat though..

"I'm not hungry," I eventually shake my head.

"Stop playing and eat Josie." Zayn says giving me a stern look.

I sigh.

I take my fork and gently stab it into a piece of the eggs, tearing off a small piece. They all raise their eyebrows but don't say anything as I move it towards my mouth.