Chapter 75

Second..

I was given my amazing gifts.

>>>>

"Okay okay I'm next!" Niall eagerly jumps up, quickly shoving the abnormally large birthday bag covered in balloons in her face.

She chuckled and took it.

The boys standing around and watching from their spots. Louis's arm still draped around her waist firmly. He was sat closely but his mind was somewhere.. far far away.

It was still set on it. The thought was just etched into his brain. How could it not be? Lexi had made sure to make it a living to call him every hour, every minute, and every second talking about it.

She lectured him.

She pressured him.

She interrogated him.

**

"C'mon Louis tell me the freaking problem here? I haven't seen a person love another person more than you love Josie. What? You too good for marriage? Hmm?" she had accused just yesterday over skype.

"What?" he wasn't sure he heard her right. Surely, he heard her wrong.

"Big boy Louis too manly for that much commitment." she speaks in a mocking tough voice.

"Lexi.. you're an idiot." his face blank.

"I am, aren't I? I know what it's about. It's about the money isn't it? You don't want to spend that much big bucks on a ring. Well let me tell you something.." She begins.

"What? Lexi shutup. Just shut up. Honestly, just listen to yourself. I couldn't give two fucks about the price."

"Then. what. is. it?" she demands.

He sighs, contemplating whether or not to tell her. Maybe it'd get her off my fucking back, Louis thought to himself.

"Well," she urges.

But I'd look like such a pussy, he argued.

He was sure Lexi had planned this. His head fell into his hands, frustrated.

"Louis, my god whenever I get there tomorrow I'm going to.."

The headache she had caused was getting worse as Louis rubbed his temple.

"Okay, I'll tell you! Please just shut.. up." He whispers agitated.

"Well finally."

Louis rolled his eyes.

"I'm..I'm um.."

"You're what?!"

"Tell me!"

It was at the tip of his tonuge.

"Louissss"

"Louis"

"Louis"

"Lou-"

"Scared. I'm scared, okay?" He blurted. Though he immediately regretted the words as soon as they tumbled out of his stupid mouth.

He hid his face back into his hands as he could already feel his cheeks reddening, completely embarrassed.

"Scared?" she was caught completely off guard. Louis Tomlinson scared? Cocky, funny, confident Louis Tomlinson was scared to propose? Woah.