Chapter 73

Engagement ring.

Engagement ring.

Engagement.

"W-What?"

"Propose to her!" She says excitedly.

Propose?

The thought makes me smile.

Me and Jo married. To spend eternity together.

I'd be able to finally call her Mrs. Tomlinson.

And we-

Wait.

No..

What? Is she crazy?

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I gawk at her.

"What are you talking about?" She says "Its a great i.."

"No it's not!" I yell at her.

"Why not?! You love her, she loves you."

"I am not proposing!"

"Why not Louis?" She exclaims.

I just shake my head.

I'm not telling her.

She suddenly gasps, "You don't love her anymore do you?" She covers her mouth in shock.

"Lexi are you crazy? I love her more than myself." I say.

"Are you sure? You're acting like you don't. Don't lie Louis. If you don't, just tell me straight-up. No need to.."

"If I didn't love her than why would I be here buying more than a thousand dollars worth of jewelry for her birthday?" I snap.

I'm really irritated at her accusations.

"Oh. Then tell me what's the problem! Clearly you love her enough." She speaks.

"Just leave it."

"No, I demand to know! Louis I will come over there myself and force you down on one knee if I have to. You're going to propose."

By my years of knowing Lexi, I can easily tell she's not kidding.

"I'm not proposing.." I repeat.

"Louis she loves you but she's not going to wait forever. Put a ring on it before it's too late." she says "I mean.."

"Look, I got the help I needed from you so thanks but your job is done now. So bye." I end the FaceTime and then slide my phone back into my back pocket.

"Can I checkout now?" I ask.

She nods, "As you wish."

She leads me over to the register and rings up my items, which equaled a very large number, in which I happily paid for. Jo's joyous reaction to when I give her these items etched into my brain.

After I'm done paying and she puts the long jewelry cases in a bag for me, I got to take it from her but she doesn't release her hold.

I tug at it but she stays holding onto it.

"Umm.."

"Just think about it, okay?" she speaks.

What?

"Think about what?"

"Proposing. I can assure you that marriage is probably the best feeling in the world if you truly love her."

I bite my lip, "Thanks.. but I have my reasons." I sigh taking the bag and then giving her one last wave before leaving the store.

I'm immediately stopped by receiving a text from Paul saying that Jo looks like she's about to wake soon.

Looking down at my clock I realized we've been in here for nearly an hour or two.

I set the bags in Brianna's stroller basket at the bottom and then began to walk back towards the back of the mall.

After being stopped many times by fans, I manage to make it out back to the bus and getting in without a problem.

As I set Brianna's asleep body in her crib and begin to dismantle her stroller after setting the bags on the ground, I spot Niall and Zayn already back on the bus.

Niall eagerly reaches for the bags and I smack his hands away, "Don't touch!"

"What'd you get?!" he asks.

"Just some jewelry and things.." I say.

Once all the boys are back on the bus and we're moving again, they began to talk about things and get caught up in their own conversations.

But my mind was too occupied by what Lexi had said to me.

Her words glued in my head.

Repeating over and over again.

She's not going to wait forever.

You don't love her anymore, do you?  You're acting like you don't.

All because of a ring.

She doesn't need a ring to know I love her, right?

Of course she does.. not.

Maybe I should just tell her more. All day everyday just to make sure she knows

She probably doesn't even want marriage with me.

I'm sure she doesn't.

It's too soon, way too soon.

No it's not. I love her just as much right now as I would a year from now.

But the feeling probably isn't mutual.

Though even if it is, marriage is something I know she probably would not be interested in with me.

Right now at least.

If I tried now, she wouldn't hesitate to turn me down.

I know it.

--

Um k so I really hated this chapter aha..

But I'm just really tired and couldn't think straight sorry.

Hopefully next will be better. Tour is wrapping up thank goodness.

Something small-big-small-ish is going to happen soon and this isn't even the thingy.

Yeah I'm tired.

But omf absolutely loved your comments on the last chapter tysm:) there was this one I remembered that I was touched by more.. it was like long and the username started with an a... that's all I remember rn lol.

Ugh. Tired. K. Night!!!:》