Chapter 77

As soon as Josie closes the door, I began to pace the room, searching for something to take my anger out on without scaring Brianna.

Meaning, I basically can't do anything.

I can't slap Lexi.

I can't kick Lexi.

I can't throw Lexi out a window.

Fuck, well what can I do?

I need to punch the wall again like I did whenever I found out Josie was pregnant.

No, that'd surely scare her.

In the end, I end up grabbing a pillow and screaming into it.

Brianna sees it as a game and crawls to grab her own pillow and screams into it too. I smile slightly and she comes and sits on my lap. She somehow always finds a way to make me smile.. just like her mother.

"Louis I.."

I put my hand up, "Don't frickin talk to me Lexi." I say as calmly and censored as I could.

I can't even look at her right now.

"Look I'm sorry okay. But it's not my fault, you.."

"Yes this is your fault!" I exclaim cutting her off.

"Okay maybe a little.."

"A lot." I correct.

"But you're the one who had that total outburst."

"You were freaking pushing my buttons!" I say angrily "You should've stopped me!"

I have to do something.

I quickly stand up and set Brianna down on the bed and walk towards the bathroom. But she instantly lets herself slide down and onto the ground before following me.

I go to knock on the door but freeze. What should I say? I have to say the right words.

I mentally gather what I'm going to say and then go to knock again but end up stopping. I need to word it so that she'd understand.

I hear a sniff and I'm instantly unintentionally banging on the door.

I made her cry?

Of course I made her cry.

"Occupied." she mumbled.

"Babe open up.."

"No.."

"Please I just want to talk." I plead.

"Keep talking with Lexi." her words aren't harsh but hurt is clear behind them.

"Look Jo I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I-I was just frustrated and.. please just come out," I beg.

She doesn't respond and I attempt to twist the knob. It's still locked.

"Louis maybe I can.." Lex starts.

I turn around, "No! Get out!"

"What?"

I've had about enough of her. I'm trying to fix exactly what she messed up in the first place and of course here she is trying to screw it up even more.

"I said get out! I don't need your help. You've helped enough now get-"

"No I want to talk to Lexi," I hear Jo say, "...alone." she requests.

What?

"I've said sorry and tried to explain myself. What do you want me to do? What will work? You won't open the door for me but you'll open it for freaking Lexi? What the hell do I.."