Chapter 85

I pull out my ringing phone and wipe my blurry eyes to see the caller ID.

But before I could, I felt it whipped out of my hand.

"What are you doing?" I sniff, reaching for the phone but he quickly moved it away.

"You're crying, I got it," he told me. He glanced down at the caller ID for a second before focusing his eyes back on the road, "It's Zayn."

"Louis, you're driving, give it back." I reach again and he swerves the car a little as he moves again.

"Yeah and keep reaching for the phone like that and we're going to crash." he pointed out frustrated as he then clicked answer.

He put the phone to his right ear and kept his left hand on the wheel, "Hello?"

"Well clearly this isn't Josie." he rolled his eyes.

"She's occupied. What do you want?"

"We're on our way back home."

When the truck stopped at a red light, Louis glanced my way again. He dropped the phone onto his lap and put it on speaker. He then put his left hand on the wheel and used his right hand to swipe my tears before then grabbing hold of my hand and squeezing.

I sniffed and leaned onto him.

"Sorry, what'd you say?" he asked Zayn, as he rubbed my hand with his thumb softly.

The light then turned green and we were driving again.

"I said, how close are you?" he spoke.

"Oh um.. we're on Bailey Cove Rd. right now, so it'll be about 10 minutes. Why?"

"Brianna here, is going nuts and we don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know she just won't sit still. She's running through the house crying like a maniac for no reason. And whenever one of us tries to pick her up, she fidgets and starts fighting to get down."

My baby.

"Well did you try feeding her? Maybe she's hungry." he says.

"Of course we did. Liam's still cleaning up her cereal that she pushed off onto the ground when we offered it."

"Thirsty?"

"She took the sippy cup and threw it at Niall. It hit his chin and he now has a small bruise."

"What the hell?"

"I swear, I've never seen her like this. She's thrown tantrums but never like this. I don't know, maybe she just misses you?"

"I don't know but we'll be home soon. Just let her be, I guess." he sighs.

"Okay. See you then, mate."

"Yeah."

As soon as he hung up, he lets out another deep frustrated sigh and I look up at him. He has deep creases on his forehead with his eyebrows scrunched. He looks stressed and angry.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing, just relax." he squeezes my hand.

"I can't relax until you tell me.. please." I beg.

"Nothing I'm just.. pissed. At everything. I'm mad your parents did this, that they kept so much from you, and just thought that it was okay. I mean I've never and I mean never seen you cry so much and I just," he sighs.

"Louis.."

"And then all I was hoping for was to quickly get home and make sure you relax and are okay but turns out Brianna's acting up for some unknown reason of all days and now we have to handle that.."