Chapter 96

November 7

Days went by with Louis in the hospital.

6 days left. I never left his side once. Even whenever he had to leave to the bathroom to the shower. I was too afraid he'd slip and fall, injuring his still healing head.

"Love, please, go out." He pleads holding my hand in his.

"No, I can't. I'm not leaving you." I repeat.

"Jo, you're killing me here."

He knew I had so much to handle with the wedding just days away and never stopped telling me to go out.

"Why do you want me to leave so much? Am I annoying you or something? Are you getting tired of me?" I sit up. "Because if so I can.."

He shakes his head, "No, no, come back here," he gently pulls me to lie back down on top of him. "I've loved having you here by my side nonstop. I have. I just want you to go out a little too, and spend time outside, with others. It's not right for me to hog you."

I place my chin on his chest and look up at him, "You're not hogging me if it's my choice to stay." I smile as I slowly push his hair away from his face.

He cracks a small smile but it fades, "But Jo I still feel bad. I want you to go out and go do something. You know I already still feel like shit because Brianna couldn't get the proper party she deserved because I'm in this stupid place. Please, go shopping with Olivia or something.

I sigh, lying my head back down. "I'll think about it."

Suddenly, I feel his hand come to my forehead, "You're burning up."

I grab his hand and pull it away from my head, "No I'm not."

"Don't lie to me. You clearly are. Come on you need to cool down. We need to shower anyway." He sits up and stands off the bed. He grabs a fresh pair of his shorts and boxers, and then holds his hand out to me, helping me off. I cautiously watch him as we walk to the bathroom.

He catches me staring and rolls his eyes with an amused smile on his face, "Jo I'm fine."

"How does your head feel?" I ask as he turns on the water.

He reaches and slowly peels off my shirt, "Babe my head feels fine. Stop worrying. It's been a week, I'm better. I'll be leaving the hospital soon and then it's only a matter of days," he smiles. I reciprocate the action.

"Okay."

He opens the curtain and gestures for me to step in first. I do and he follows after. I instantly feel one of his hands rest onto my hip. He uses the other hand to reach around me and to turn on the cooling water. He wraps his arms around me and I sigh happily as the cold water runs over our skin.

I admit it. I've been burning up in that hospital room everyday. Why did ours have to be so hot? Louis seemed so unaffected and comfortable by it so I didn't complain though, only wiped the sweat from my face when he wasn't looking.

He grabs one of the clean hospital cloths from the corner to use and wets it.

"Turn around," he says and I comply, turning to face him.

He wrung it out nicely and then applied it to my forehead. I visibly relaxed, closing my eyes and he chuckles softly. He gently moves it around my face, making sure to get all areas on or around my face.

When I open my eyes, my dark green meet his blue as he stares at me intently.

"Your eyes.. they're blue again." I smile, rubbing his cheek bone.