Chapter 90

"Eleanor?" I gape.

"Hi Josie," she shyly smiles.

I'm speechless for a good amount of time. I don't know how I'm supposed to react. Should I still be bitter over what she did to me? I can tell Lex still is by her icy glare casted in her direction behind me. But I'm really over it, what's the point of being rude?

"H-How are you?" She asks nervously I can tell she's afraid I'm still mad.

"I..I um.. I'm actually-"

"She's absolutely fabulous and you?" Lex says coldly and I instantly nudge her. She furrows her eyebrows at me as if I'm the one who did something wrong.

"Well that's good," She weakly smiles, "That's good to hear. I'm okay, as well. Thank you."

"Great." Lex replies monotone.

"Yeah..." she attempts a smile but horribly fails. I know Lex's cold shoulder is getting to her.

"You look.. nice." I gesture to her curled hair as I help Lex load the final bags in the cart.

Before she can express her thanks, my eyes suddenly fall to her dress. "And I love your dress also."

The mid-thigh blue and flower scattered dress flowed nicely. I always told her blue was her color even though she hated it greatly. Looking at the dress now, I'd like to think she listened.

"Oh this?" she smiles softly as she gently plays with the hem, "thanks, it's for a special occasion."

"Oh what occasion?"

"Well it's my birthday and-"

I gasped. Of course. It's Eleanor's birthday!

"Ugh. Happy birthday! I knew it was someone's but I just couldn't figure it out. Sorry."

"No, it's fine. I wouldn't expect you to remember, but thank you. And anyway my friend was kind of throwing me a party so I was forced to dress up." she gestures.

"Then why are you here and not there?"

She holds up her bag, "He forgot balloons." she shakes her amusedly. "And apparently that's a big deal so."

I chuckle.

"What about you?"

"Oh. Well I was.."

I was interrupted by Lex harshly pushing the cart into my bum from behind as she forced me to move out the way, "Excuse me."

I narrowed my eyes at her as she passed between me and El, "You could've said excuse me."

"I did." She rolls her eyes.

Really?

"Next time do it before you ram the cart into my ass, yeah?" I snap and she huffs turning around and pushing the cart towards the exit.

I give Eleanor the one moment finger and she nods understandingly as I then turn to Lex. I jog slightly to catch up. I reach and grab her arm, gently but forcefully yank her to the side and away from everyone, leaving Bri with El.

"What's your problem?" I whisper harshly.

"Nothing, what's yours?"

"My problem is you! Why are you treating me and El so-"

"Oh so now she's El again?" She crosses her arm.

"What?"

"What happened to 'that bitch Eleanor' huh? Why are you trying to act like everything's all perfect with her now? Do you not remember what she-"