NOPD...

Tahari

I sat uncomfortable, in subtle silence as Sina did no more than rest his face in his palms. As faint sirens sounded throughout this place, I gazed at how messed up he was over this heinous situation. I'm coming to realization, that underneath his tough exterior, he has a heart, for which those who means something to him. This was very bothersome due to the fact that this man always had plenty to say, need be. At this very moment I wanted to show solace, it was apparent that it was something that has been absent throughout his livelihood.

I unclasped my hands from one another and placed my hand on his back. "Sina", I spoke softly causing him to sit up and gaze at me. "Is there anything else that I can do? I see how this situation is eating at you", I said as I managed to look him in the eyes.

He took his attention away from me and just gazed ahead at nothing in particular. He let out a sigh as he gazed down at the hardwood floor. "Just talk", he stated calmly. "Kill the silence", he continued as he met my gaze once more.

I took my hand away from his back and clasped my hands together. I pressed my lips together before speaking. "When I was a little girl, my mother and I watched 2 of her graduations that my grandmother recorded. High school and college.", I said as I gazed down for a moment. "I was young so I didn't really understand what was going on, I only loved the smile on her face as the people in the crowd cheered her on as she walked across the stage and received what she worked hard for. I not only admired her graduation gown, cap and tassel but I admired the adoration that others shown her for her greatest achievements, both occasions. I wanted that, not
knowing how hard it was going to be once that time came approaching.", I continued as I gazed back his way. "I want to be so much more than what I already am, Sina. I want to get through high school and college and build my own career. So I can actually live and not just exist, if that makes sense.", I spoke softly.

Sina took his a gaze away from me as he gazed down at the hardwood floor once more. He began stroking his beard between his index and thumb as he appeared to be in deep thought. He sighed before speaking. "I'm not gettin you involved in this shit, you have too much to lose and that shit wouldn't sit right with me if we go through with this shit and me and my niggas miss", he said as he met my gaze. "Them niggas gone think that you set the shit up and try to take ya life", he said as he took his index and thumb away from his beard. "Did he text you that address?", he queried.

Without hesitation, I reached into my pocket and grabbed my cell. I checked for a new message...

Nothing...

I shook my head before speaking. "No, he hasn't texted me yet.", I said as I placed my cell on my lap.

"Text that nigga and have a casual conversation, just talk, don't even mention anything about his address. Save that for tonight when or if y'all chill.", he said casually. "I'ma get them niggas regardless.", he said.

I was a bit perplexed but I picked my cell up and did just what he said...

After I sent off the first text and awaited for Jac to respond, I began to speak once I placed my cell back on my lap. "I know that everything is risky but his sister lost her life because of my forgetfulness. I'm smart, I can go on with the original plan.", I stated.

"You think it's that simple, huh? Lady you're book smart, not street smart. I'm not faultin you for what went down, the shit would still fall back on me because of the situation with Dre. They're at me and my niggas heads because of that. A lil slip up you made or not, if we weren't rockin, this shit still would've went down. I'm not draggin you into the shit and that's it. I'm not even the nigga that make plans, I was overthinkin shit.", he said as he grabbed his gun and stood from his seat. "Them niggas gettin knocked off now.", he said as he placed the gun into the frontal of his pants.