I just wish that this mind boggling thing would go away...

Tahari

I awakened to the sound of the neighbor's Great Dane barking which was a normal thing for me to wake up to. I squinted my eyes as the bright sun ray peeked through my blinds. I rubbed my eyes before I sat up in my bed and let out a sigh. Thinking about the dream I had last night, I ran my fingers through my messy hair right before reaching over to grab my cell off of my nightstand. I gazed at the screen followed by me furrowing my eyebrows as I seen a contact saved in my phone

Sina...

The first thing that I saw on my phone and as my mind drifted on, I came to realize that I was contemplating on going to Sina's house late last night, just to know if he was in one piece but why should I care? Why should I go an extra mile to know if a guy that I don't know from a can of paint is alright? I can't even believe that I called my cousin Michael late last night asking for Sina's phone number, I didn't even use it, I knew I wouldn't use it. The fact that Michael was questioning me on why I wanted it was a bit bothersome, I hope he doesn't think that I'm purchasing drugs from him because that definitely was not the case. I wish that I've never went over to his house in the first place, I hate that I know a murderer, the fact that I know more than I should frightens me.

I can't believe that I had an ounce of worry for him, he seems so heartless but I guess, I am who I am and I'd hate to see anyone that I know and in his case, barely know hurt or worse but hey there's certain consequences for idiocy. So whatever happens to him was based upon his own actions and with that he should be held accountable for his poor decisions...

I ran my fingers through my hair once again as what Sina said to me yesterday before I got out of the car clouded my thoughts.

..."Check this out shawty, I'm about to be 100 with you, the shit me and my yungin Devin was talkin about, don't repeat shit to nobody, ya heard me and I don't think I need to say no more... right?"...

He's way too dangerous for my liking...

I shook away from my thoughts as I took my fingers away from my hair followed by me taking the cover away from my body. I got out of bed, stepped into my house shoes and made my way out of my bedroom. Following the aroma of my mother's cooking traveling along the house, I quickly made my way downstairs. I made my way into the kitchen to see my mother standing at the stove flipping the maple sausage patties with one hand as she held the house phone to her ear talking with her childhood friend Leslie I'm sure with the other .

"Good morning mama", I said as I leaned over the kitchen island.

She slightly turned my way and said "Good morning Hari." as she put her attention back on cooking and her uninteresting phone conversation. "Where's daddy?", I asked as I took a seat on the stool along the kitchen island.

"Hold on Les.", my mother said into the phone before slightly turning my way. "What was that?", she asked with her heavy accent.

"Where's daddy?", I asked out of curiosity.

She nodded."He left for work already.", she said as she continued to talk with Leslie . I sat there and simply gazed at her put the maple sausage patties onto a white saucer. She then took some pre made pancake batter and slowly poured it onto the warm preheated griddle. As I was watching her, my mind suddenly drifted off back to my dream, It just doesn't make any sense to me. As I dug deep into my thoughts the doorbell sounded.

"Hold on Les." my mother said as she turned to gaze my way. "Hari get the door for me.", she said as she turned back around and continued with the pancakes.

I nodded."Okay.", I said as I got off of the stool, left the kitchen and made my way to the living room. I opened the front door to see a smiling Briana. I mirrored her smile. "Hey Bri, what brings you over so early?", I asked as I let her into the house.