My daughter...

New Orleans Police Department
715 South Broad St
New Orleans, LA 70119

10:35 pm...

Murphy

Occupying my work station of the cluttered police department office, I found myself thinking of a way to crack this current case that has caused an uproar around the city of New Orleans. I am almost positive that what happened earlier today is related to the murder of Deandre Williams. I know that this Sina character is behind it all, I just need the evidence in hand, he is pretty slick with how he moves around but it won't be for long. I'm going to put my all into getting him put away, for life.

Sooner than later...

I looked over the files I had in hand as the smell of coffee lingered from my coffee mug. I irately dropped the files on my desk before leaning back in my seat. I wasn't getting nowhere and it had become very frustrating. The only thing that came to mind was the power of social networking. These kids were oblivious to the fact that they were always telling on themselves and carrying on. I sat up in my seat and opened up the New Orleans Police Department Facebook page. I went to the search column and typed in Deandre Williams and the first profile to pop up was "Dre Polo Williams "...

Since his profile was public, it was easy to find who he was close to from the ones mourning his death on posts and photos. I began scrolling his timeline and I suddenly came to a halt once I came across a photo that stood out. I squinted my eyes as I studied the photo closely. It was a group of young men standing on the porch of the house that Deandre was murdered in front of. The caption of the photo says, "Rest easy Dre"... The day of the shooting, the owner of the home hasn't been home for a while after that, a couple of officers watched the house closely but nothing, no one was ever there and we couldn't necessarily intrude without hard evidence or at least a list of complaints from neighbors in the neighborhood. One of my colleagues were very closed off when it came to watching this young man's home in particular for some odd reason and I couldn't put my finger on why. I went to the actual profile of the person who posted the photo, his name was Terell Wes-Washington...

That name was familiar...

I began going through his photos as I came to remembrance of exactly who he was. He was brought in a few weeks prior because he was selling cocaine right outside of the Quik n Easy but he was bonded out shortly after. I went through a few more photos and I noticed that each location where he hung around outside looked rather familiar and I was going to use it to my advantage, try and find him and bring him in for questioning. Maybe he knows something about Sina...

Just as I continued going through the photos I was interrupted by a fellow colleague, Officer Collins. "Detective", he greeted as he took his hat off and took a seat.

I gazed at him. "Officer Collins", I said in response as I took my hands away from the keyboard and clasped them together.

He cleared his throat before speaking once more. "Hiller and I have been watching a house for some time, downtown, right off 3rd in Pollock.", Collins said as I interrupted.

"Where are you going with this?", I queried as I parted my hands and grabbed my coffee.

"There is always a group of young men hanging out on the porch, shooting dice, drinking...", Collins said before I once more interrupted with a chuckle.

"So you've been watching them because they are living?", I queried right before taking a sip of my hot coffee.

Carrying on with his serious stare he continued. "The type of car I've been hearing about being at the scene of the shootings that's been going on has been there. A 1980 red Chevy Caprice", he stated which caught my full attention. "Hiller and I went over there earlier today, scoped the area before trying to get inside to take a look around. The Chevy was nowhere to be found but there was a black cutlass there, so we figured someone was home. A young woman answered the door and refused to let us in without a warrant, she was dead on and stood confidently by what she said but I am more than sure that the owner of the home is selling from the home.", Collins stated.