Mama...

Incognito

Absentmindedly, I rested my back against the cold wall of the dark elevator, which I accompanied alone. The lights flickered, threatening to blow at any given moment. As an ample amount of questions tainted my mind, my eyes fell on the numbers, which told me what floor I was on. Number 2. I gazed at the number until it reached 1. The doors slid open and I walked off into the bright hospital hall. I would often see nurses walk by alone, pushing stretchers or patients in wheelchairs.

As I made it towards the emergency waiting area; I couldn't help but notice 2 of my colleagues walk through the automatic sliding doors. Officer Collins and Officer Hiller made their way to the front desk to speak with a nurse. I knew it had to be pertaining to my daughter. I walked over to officer Collins as officer Hiller spoke with the nurse. "Collins", I greeted and he responded with a simple head nod.

"You 2 up here because of the shooting of a young woman tonight?", I queried.

He nodded as he adjusted his duty belt. "Yes, we were called in about a shooting that happened 2 hours before the triple homicide that happened not too long ago at the Quik N Easy corner store. The shooting with the young woman had to have happened at a red light on Broadway street. The cameras over there shown a 1998 black trailblazer firing at the passenger's side of what I believe to be a black 1980 grand prix. We were informed that a young woman was rushed into the trauma unit for surgery so we didn't want to get here too early. Too close to not be the same situation. We came here because we figured that she was awake from the surgery.", Collins stated.

I nodded. "My daughter", I said in response.

Collins furrowed his eyebrows. "Detective?", he questioned my statement.

I sighed. "My daughter was shot. She is here and the shooting was 2 hours ago. She was shot in her right side, so I do believe that it was her in the that vehicle.", I said as I sighed. "She is fully awake, I'm about to head out to the Quik N Easy to see what is going on. I do believe that these series of shootings are relatives. My daughter, Tahari Campbell is in room G-31 if y'all wanted to talk with her, I would stay to do so but I have to see what's going on. I have to solve this case by any means.", I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you say Tahari Campbell?", he questioned me with a gaze upon his face as if he was trying to figure something out.

I gazed at him closely. "Yes, I did. Is there something wrong?", I queried.

"Name just sounds familiar, especially now that I think of the black 1980 grand prix. I don't know but I'll figure things out once it really comes to mind.", he stated.

I gazed at him a second more before speaking. "Okay then, I have to get out of here", I stated before walking off. As I made it towards the automatic sliding doors, I just so happened to look to my right to see a room with the door wide open. I saw a man with a security uniform on. He was sitting at a desk, gazing at a variety of monitors.

Bingo...

I walked towards the room and stood in the doorway before knocking on the open door. Grabbing his attention, I walked in more. "Hello, how you doing? I'm Detective Murphy, my daughter was admitted in due to a gunshot wound. I was wondering if you could go back on footage and show me how she got into the emergency room. Could you pull that up for me?", I queried.

He nodded."Of course", the security guard stated as he began to rewind the video of the emergency room camera.

I gazed closely until I saw with my own eyes that she was carried in by a male. I just couldn't tell who because he wasn't facing the camera. "That's her, is there any other cameras that are angled different? I need to see the face of the young man that is carrying her", I went on.