My nightmare...

Tahari

As I walked along the broken up sidewalk of downtown New Orleans, I grew wary once I heard crackling of leaves from behind me causing me to quickly turn around to see that no one was there. It was 1 in the morning and the harvest moon was the only light shining thanks to the blown out streetlights along the beaten streets. It was a bit chilly out so to gain some type of warmth I folded my arms and rubbed the goosebumps which had formed on my arms from both the chilly air and the fear from my paranoia.

I carried on with walking until I was startled by an audible sound of a barking dog. I stopped and checked my surroundings and still there was nothing. I took a deep breath and began walking and with that I once again heard crackling of leaves. My heart began pounding through my chest as I sped up my pace and before I knew it I was grabbed by the back of my neck. Just as frightened as I was, I knew not to scream, I didn't want to make whoever it was more angry than they already were.

Before the person spoke, I felt cold steel pressed against my temple causing my whole body to tense up."Where is he?", A deep male's voice questioned.

My eyes watered as my lips quivered, even if I wanted to speak a single word, I'm almost certain that I couldn't get it out. The only thing that ran through my mind was not to tell a soul. I then heard the male's deep voice question the same thing but now in a sinister tone. "I said where is he?".

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat before I finally spoke. "I don't know.", I faintly cried.

Without saying a word he loosened his grip from the back of my neck. "Wrong answer.", he said as I heard him pull the hammer of his gun back.

My instant reaction was to take off running as fast as I could but it wasn't enough once the trigger was pulled...

My eyes shot open as I quickly sat up in my bed. Panting heavily as my eyes roamed my dark bedroom, I furrowed my eyebrows as my breathing calmed down a bit. The dream that I had was so vivid, so real but what did it mean? Why would I dream about someone wanting to murder me? I just sat there cogitating about the hair rising nightmare I just experienced but for now I'll let it go. With the moonlight peeking from my blinds I gazed at my digital clock which rested upon my nightstand.

11:35 pm...

After having that dream I was sure that I wouldn't be getting any more sleep tonight so I took my blanket from over my legs and slowly got out of bed. I stepped into my house shoes and left my bedroom. As I was making my way downstairs I heard faint snores coming from my parents bedroom, confirming that they were sound asleep. I quietly departed from the last step and flipped the light switch on, the dim living room lamps lit. I took a seat on the couch, reached over, grabbed the remote controller off of the end table and turned on the television. I rested my back against the couch as I flipped through the channels until something caught my attention.

"Police investigate deadly shooting in New Orleans...

A homicide ruptured earlier today.
Police are investigating after 21 year old Deandre Williams was found shot multiple times in a residence front yard in downtown New Orleans.

Officers say the victim was found around 4:45pm Wednesday in the 600 block right off of Claiborne. Officers arriving on the scene say that they found the victim unresponsive and with that he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Anyone with information on the incident are asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 504-822-1111.

I am Debra Hill from the WVUE Fox8 news, back to you Chad"...

I turned the television off as I bit my lip because I had the deepest gut feeling that Sina was the one behind this but the thing about it is that I don't want anything to happen to him. I leaned forward as I ran my fingers through my hair, contemplating on what exactly I wanted to do at this very moment. I quickly got up from the living room couch followed by me flipping the light switch off. I made my way upstairs to my bedroom, flipped my light switch on and grabbed my cell phone from my nightstand as I took a seat on my bed, contemplating on if I should call myself a taxi and basically spend the little money I do have. I sighed, set my phone aside and stood from my bed. I stepped out of my house shoes, put on my tennis shoes, grabbed my house keys along with my cellphone and left my room, quietly closing the door behind me.

I made my way downstairs trying my best not to make a single stair squeak, I succeeded until I made it the last step. I stumbled a bit which was rather loud. "Darn it.", I whispered yelled.

I then heard rambling coming from upstairs, a door opening and closing followed by footsteps against the hardwood floors along the upstairs hallway.

My mother stood at the top of the stairs gazing down at me. "Tahari what are you doing down there, you're lucky you didn't wake your father.", my mother said with her heavy accent.

"I'm sorry, I stumbled a bit that's all.", I said gazing awkwardly back up at her.

She folded her arms. "Mmhmm, so tell me this, where were you planning on going, I see that you have your tennis shoes on?", she queried.

I gazed down at my shoes."I was just going to take a walk, get some fresh air.", I answered.

She nodded. "Now you know better than that, Tahari it is almost 12:00 midnight, anything could happen to you at this hour, rapists and all out, praying on young helpless girls like you, I'm glad that you did stumble because otherwise you would have been outside strolling along, now I want you to come upstairs to your room and get some sleep Tahari.", my mother said.

I sighed before making my way upstairs, not giving her no further acknowledgement, I made my way past her and opened my bedroom door. I heard her walk back to her bedroom and with that I closed my bedroom door. I walked over to my bed and took a seat. I let out a sigh as I sat my keys aside, kicking my shoes off I thought about calling my cousin Michael. I gripped the phone tight with my right hand before scrolling through my contacts for Michael's cell number. I pressed call just before putting the phone up to my ear.
I impatiently waited as it rung in my ear.

I pressed my lips together as he answered. "Hey Michael, I'm sorry for calling you so late but I wanted to ask you something. ", I stated softly

After he said what he had to say I went on. "Could you give me Sina's cell number? "...