Just being nice...

Tahari

Sina angrily tossed his phone on to the unoccupied couch cushion right before walking down the hall and banging on the bedroom door of the room Devin and Briana were occupying, doing God knows what. "Aye nigga hurry up, I need to tell you what's up with some shit yungin.", Sina spoke in an exasperated tone before walking back to the living room.

Taking a seat on the opposite couch, he leaned forward and gazed down at the floor. He seemed to be thinking heavy about something, maybe something pertaining to the situation with the guy that owes him money I'm sure. I gazed at him wanting to speak but I wasn't sure if I should because I didn't want to worsen his anger. I pressed my lips together right before speaking. "Are you going to be alright? ", I asked softly.

He gazed up at me for a second with slit eyes before turning his head towards the hall once he heard the bedroom door open. Devin walked into the living room without Briana. "What's goin on yung?", Devin questioned Sina.

Sina gazed at Devin. "Aight nigga, A.j just hit me up, tellin me that him and Juan found out where that nigga Dre been chillin at.", Sina said in an indignant tone.

Devin sat down next to me giving Sina his full attention, he furrowed his eyebrows." I thought that nigga paid you back though.", Devin said unsure.

Sina nodded. "Hell naw, that nigga owe me 10 G's and when that nigga was supposed to pay a nigga, he was nowhere to be found. Shit, I called and went to his spots, he been dodgin a nigga and I ain't with that shit, real talk. So I'ma be on some hot shit tonight.", Sina said.

Devin shook his head. "That's fucked up. That was supposed to be ya nigga but mothafuckas wanna play with ya money.", Devin said as he shook his head. "You talkin bout rollin up on a nigga?", he asked.

Sina furrowed his eyebrows. "Hell yeah and if that nigga don't got my money, I'm knockin that nigga off real shit. Matter of fact, I'm on some hot shit right now.", Sina said trailing off once he gazed at me. "Aye shawty, go back there with ya friend and chill, you don't need to be hearin this shit.", Sina spoke roughly never taking his gaze off of me.

I nodded in response and with no hesitation, I quickly got up and headed down the hall and walked into the room which the door was slightly open. Closing it behind me, I noticed Briana who laid comfortably across the untidied bed as I took a seat on the chair that set in the corner. The odor that roamed the room was a mixture of sweat and musk and by the way her shirt hung off of her shoulder along with her unkempt hair, it was more than obvious that they were intimate. She suddenly gazed at me with a small smile. "Were you cool in there with the notorious drug dealer Sina? ", she questioned throwing up air quotes as she rolled over a bit, now staring at me upside down.

I nodded. "Yes, I was alright", I spoke softly as I gazed at her...

She chuckled a bit before talking. "Yeah right, I bet you were scared as I don't know what.", she said.

I nodded. "I just want to go home Bri, I don't feel safe over here at all", I said softly as I fiddled with my fingers.

She rolled on to her stomach, lifting herself up with her elbows. She furrowed her eyebrows right before she spoke. "What's wrong Tahari, are you sure you're alright, did something happen while I was in here?", she questioned as if she was concerned.

I shook my head. "No, nothing happened. It's just this. Being downtown period gets me paranoid and the fact that we're in Sina's house is adding on to my paranoia. That guy has a reputation and I know he probably has enemies around watching him, plotting to murder him. I don't want to be here if that happens and plus they're in there talking about murdering someone, not the type of conversation I'm used to.", I whispered.