Learning more...

Tahari

9:25 pm...

I sat quietly in the living room of Sina's home as his friends caused an uproar over the basketball game that was on television. Warriors vs Bulls. They often conjured up an argument, so it's safe to say that they weren't rooting for the same team. Sina on the other hand was relaxing his back against the couch with his head tilted back as his eyes appeared to be shut. He held a styrofoam cup in his right hand which rested upon his right knee. It was half full and or half empty with thick pink liquid as ice cubes kept float. He was tuning his surroundings out, it was obvious but as for me, every time someone from the opposing team made a shot, one of Sina's friends would make an uproar in excitement as the other would get rather upset. Either way, the unpredictable outbursts always seemed to cause me to jump in my seat.

I gazed at Sina and gently tapped him. He opened his eyes, sat up straight and gazed at me. "What's up", he said as he leaned forward and set his cup on the coffee table.

I pressed my lips together before speaking. "You look bothered, are you alright?", I managed to get out before slightly jumping due to the sudden outburst...

Sina slightly chuckled at my sudden reaction...

A.j jumped up from his seat from the other couch. "My nigga Curry beastin shit bruh, on me", A.j said to Juan who was rooting for the opposing team.

"Man, cool out yung, the game just started. Hop off that bandwagon nigga", Juan said snidely.

A.j chuckled. "Fuck outta here with that bandwagon bullshit. No lie nigga, no team could overshadow the Jordan Bulls benchmark of 72 wins. But the Bulls ain't been on that streak since Jordan and be real nigga, Derrick Rose ass will never be on the shit he was on when he first started. This nigga stay gettin injured. So ya argument means nothin nigga. Golden state cold, shit, In winning 25- 104 over the Memphis Grizzlies last Wednesday, Curry was beastin, real shit, the Golden State Warriors again, jumped the line and seized somethin the league still struggles to believe. They, and not Jordan, now can boast this right here is the NBA's best regular season, period", A.j stated confidently.

Juan took a drink of the 4 loko which he's been holding on to for about a good 10 minutes, so focused on the basketball game, seems as if he often forgot that he had it until an argument came about.

Eric also babysat a 4 loko. His often reaction was a chuckle followed by a swig of the malted beverage. "Man, you done got this nigga started", Eric said to Juan in regards of A.j.

"This nigga talkin good bullshit about a game that can go 2 ways, I don't wanna hear about what Curry did last Wednesday, I'm tryin to see what's goin on tonight", Juan said.

"Be real nigga, the season capper featured more than just a winnin number, 73. Goin in, Curry needed eight 3 pointers to reach 400 on the season and 41 points for a 30 point average. Reachin those benchmarks was impossible that fast, and yet Curry did it in 30 minutes. Yet again, he made that difficult shit look easy. So once this game over, I want that 200 ya ass bet me.", A.j said to Juan. "You already know Golden State gonna dust them Bulls", A.j said as he took a seat on the couch cushion that he once occupied. He reached for his 4 loko that set upon the coffee table and took a drink and with that, they continued going back and forth with the intense basketball conversation.

I took my attention away from the bickering and gazed at Sina who was now taking his geek frames off and setting them down on the table. "August", I said which caught his attention. "Are you alright?", I queried once again, finally being able to tune out the fuss amongst me.

Sina nodded. "I'm aight", he said in an exasperated tone as he grabbed his styrofoam cup from the coffee and took a drink.

I gazed at him as he did so, he held such a nice side profile. He was definitely something to gaze upon. His soft curls traveled through out his head as his hairline fell crisp. I gazed at his tattooed sideburn and I couldn't help but gently rub my index finger along it. "Did that hurt?", I softly asked.