Use your head...

Tahari

3:00am...

Startling me from my peaceful slumber, the door of the dark bedroom opened as the light from the other room crept in. Gazing at the silhouette walk towards the dresser, the lamp was turned on. I rubbed my eyes only to get them to adjust to the dim light that hid under the lampshade. Sina grabbed his hoodie and pulled it over his head followed by resting a snapback on his head which read rocksmith ninjas. He then grabbed his gun as well as his car keys from his dresser and with that I slowly sat up. "You're leaving?", I spoke softly, still rubbing my eyes.

He gazed at me as he stuffed his weapon into the frontal of his pants. "I'm about to make this drop, I'll be back.", he said as he fixed his hoodie.

"Could I come for the ride?", I queried gazing at him as he walked over to his closet and reached for a black duffle bag.

He gazed at me. "Naw, go back to sleep.", he said as he walked over to the lamp and turned it off. "I'll be back", he said once more as he made his way towards the hall but stopped once I spoke.

"You're leaving me here alone?", I queried softly, knowing that his friends left hours prior.

"Devin in the other room", he said before leaving the room. "You won't be alone.", he continued down the hall.

I quickly got out of bed, letting my bare feet hit the cold wooden floor. I left the bedroom and walked into the kitchen. Sina set the duffle bag on the kitchen table before walking over to the refrigerator. Opening the icebox, he grabbed 750 grams, 26.45 ounces, 3 quarters of a kilo. Better reference, 3 bricks of cocaine. I took a seat at the kitchen table as he stuffed the 3 quarters of kilo inside of the bag. As he did so, he spoke. "Why you in here, didn't I tell ya ass to go back to sleep", he queried as he zipped the bag up.

I pressed my lips together before speaking in response. "I don't want to be here if you're not here", I stated softly not wanting to be alone with Devin, rather he was asleep or not.

He took a quick gaze at me before walking over to his cabinet. He opened it and grabbed a sandwich bag and walked over to refrigerator once more and grabbed a bag of crack rocks. Placing the bag onto the nearby countertop, he put in enough small rocks that were equivalent to one ounce. "Go put some clothes on so we can go.", he said as he tended to what he was doing.

With no hesitation, I got up and made my way back to his bedroom. Turning on the light, I closed the door behind me. I reached into my floral duffle bag and pulled out the pants I had on when I got here as well as a loose fit hoodie. I quickly put that on over my pajamas followed by putting on my sandals. I threw my duffle bag strap over my shoulder before turning out the light and leaving the bedroom. Walking into the living room, Sina walked out of the kitchen and with that he made his way to the front door. He opened it and walked out and I followed suite. "Lock the door behind you", he said as he walked down the stairs of the porch.

I did as I was told and with that I followed him to his car. We both got in and with that I fastened my seatbelt as he didn't. He started the car and turned on his headlights before putting the gearshift on R and backing out of his driveway. He then put the gearshift on D and we were off into the late night, early morning.

With nothing but silence amongst us, despite the sounds of the tires against the road, the streets were asleep, with only us riding along the dark road. I would often gaze at Sina only to see an exasperated look plastered upon his face but he never took his eyes off of the road. 15 minutes crept by and we turned off of the main road. With the stars looking down on us, we rode through a dusky unfrequent neighborhood. Sina turned on his bright lights and slowly drove along the street until we approached an apartment complex, I'd rather refer to it as that instead of saying projects. I was familiar with the place because my grandmother used to live in The Magnolia Projects which was later redeveloped into Harmony Oaks. Although it looked better, it still held an eerie feeling that managed to have the hairs on the back of my neck stand erect.