Confined

Hey guys, I know I should be resting but I thought if this one shot while lying down on the couch. Hope you enjoy this one shot! I loved typing it and this is my favourite out of all the one shots I have written here. I'll edit it when I get better, when my eyes don't feel like they're overheating.

I groaned. "Uhh....n-nurse!" I attempted to shout out but couldn't, it just came out like a whimper.
But unexpectedly the door opened, I couldn't see clearly but I know that the person was wearing a nurse's uniform. I sighed.

"What's wrong? Ms. Heartfilia?" Huh, it's a man's voice.

I tried opening my eyes fully again and now I can see that he has pink hair. I giggled a little.

"Did you dye your hair because of your job?"

"Huh?"

"It sure made me smile when I saw your pink hair."

"Hey! It's salmon and fyi it's natural." I chuckled, more like coughed.

"I'm sorry......am I disturbing you?"

"Oh, uh, not really. No patients really need me right now." I smiled.

"Great." I looked up at the ceiling. "Hey, if it isn't much trouble. Can I hold your hand?"

"E-eh? S-sure..." He approached me reaching his hand out towards me. I slowly lifted my arm, still looking at the ceiling. When I touched his hand, it was warm.

"Wow...this is relaxing" I laughed.

"It's amazing." I heard him say.

"Huh? What is?" I asked him, trying to look at my bottom right where he is.

"That you can smile and laugh while you're confined here. Doesn't it hurt?" Tears started welling up. "E-eh. I'm sorry!" He bowed, still holding my hand.

"No...it's okay....and it's true. It hurts, physically and also when I think about being able to get out of here." I saw him lifting his head at the corner of my eye. "What's your name?" I asked him, finally being able to look at his whole face.

"Natsu. Natsu Dragneel."

"Well hello Natsu, I'm Lucy. Lucy Heartfilia" I grinned at him as tears flowed down my cheeks. The next thing I know was that I was being embraced. "N-Natsu." I heard him sobbing. "N-Natsu?" He stroked my hair. I silenced myself and closed my eyes, enjoying the calming gesture.

Many years after that, Natsu would visit my room every day. Bringing me presents. He would also lay beside me and we would watch shows, comedy, romance but we never watch horror shows because that is bad for my health. Jump scares and all.

We were a little awkward to one another until Natsu broke that barrier and we became more open to each other. I noticed that he would blush a lot lately and come visit me, earlier than usual.

Until the day came, the day that would never be forgotten, the day that I would always look back to.

When Natsu confessed his feelings for me.

He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes.

We would cuddle, kiss, have some arguments, sharing of embarrassing moments and stories from our childhood.

We would go for a stroll around the hospital, Natsu pushing while I was sitting on my wheelchair. "N-Natsu!!! Too faaaaaaaaaast!!!!!" He chuckled, "that makes it fun!"

After many months of that, for a week and a half, Natsu didn't turn the doorknob and step into my room.

Did he forget about me and find another girl? I knew it.... Since I'm just one step to death...... I cried myself to sleep those days.

July 7, I woke up with flowers around me. My friends were there.

"Hi Lu!"

"Hey Lucy."

"Nice to see you again, Lu-chan."

"Heya Lu."

But I didn't here that particular "Hey Luce." I smiled at them and they told me; "go rest some more, we'll be here. When you wake up again, we promise that your life is gonna be better than ever." Levy squeezed me hands joyfully as I nodded and started to doze off. I trust them.

When I woke up again, I felt weird. It's like I was wearing something else instead of my hospital gown and my hair was up, and I had makeup on...? I looked around to see my friends smiling, some crying and some clapping.

They pushed my hospital bed out of the room, through the hallways.

"What's happening?!" Levy and Erza giggled, "and why are you wearing those dresse--woah!"

"Woops! Haha sorry, there was a lump there...." Levy apologetically smiled at me.

"Anyways, no more questions Lucy." Erza told me.

I heard cheers.

Wait... Flowers, white garments..... A guy in a prie--

I was getting married.

With my beloved Natsu.

After saying our vows, the blessings from the priest and the 'You may now kiss the bride.' My friends congratulated me, I spent some time talking to Natsu as he explained why he didn't visit me for a week and a half. It was because of the wedding preparations.

After a year, I was finally discharged from the hospital. I remarried Natsu, in a church this time. We lived near the beach since I always loved seeing the sun set and it's better with the water reflecting it. I would look at it everyday, Natsu would wrap his arms around me and we would hum and sway with the gentle wind.

Many months later, I bore twins. Luke and Nashi. Natsu and I were so happy. My life has been the best since I met Natsu. We would be together forever even in the after life.