- 3 -

***Nicole's Point Of View***

I wake up and for a moment, I forget where I am. This usually happens the first couple of nights at a new home. I get out of bed and get dressed in a cute white shirt with my red shorts and my converse. My curly blonde hair lays down over my shoulders. I make my bed, brush my teeth, and head downstairs for some breakfast.

I manage to find my way to the kitchen only to discover Harry along with four other boys sitting at the kitchen table. They had food, but only the blonde one seemed to be eating it.

The band, I mentally assumed. To be honest I completely forgot they were coming. They were all staring at me too.

"Um, hi?" I said, giving a small wave. Harry smiled

"You look surprised," he comments.

"I thought you said noon..." I mutter.

"It is noon, love," he informs me, trying to hide his smile.

I look at the clock on the stove and see that he's right. Wow.

"You let me sleep all day?" I ask.

"I figured you were tired from yesterday," he says, shrugging.

The boy with the brown eyes and caramel colored hair cleared his throat. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Guys, this is Nicole," Harry introduces. They all stand up.

"I'm Niall," says the blonde one in an Irish accent. "It's very nice to meet you." I smile.

"You too."

"Zayn," introduces the tan one with the dark hair.

"Louis Tomlinson, at your service," says the brunette one, overdramatically bowing. I laughed, but was interrupted when the fourth boy (the one who cleared his throat earlier) stepped in front of Louis.

"I'm Liam. Liam Payne."

I smile, remembering what Harry had said to me last night. "Hi."

"Well, we'll be in the living room out of your way," Harry says. "Come on lads. Let her eat breakfast. Or lunch, I suppose," he adds, smirking. I stick my tongue out at him. He does the same back.

"My food-" Niall started to complain.

"Just take it with you," Zayn says smiling and rolling his eyes. Niall grins and rushes back to grab the bag of chips he was eating before I came in.

After I finished my breakfast I was going to go upstairs so I could talk to Molly about living with One Direction. As I tried to find the stairs I ended up getting lost again and ended up just outside the living room. I heard the boys talking, but they couldn't see me because I was behind a wall.

"She's seriously beautiful," I heard Liam say, making me blush.

"Yeah, but really, stay away from her," Harry instructed. "She's been through a lot. I don't want to see her get hurt. Plus, she doesn't need the publicity. She has enough on her plate as it is."

"You met the girl yesterday. How could you possibly care about her so much already?" Louis asked.

"I think Haz liiiikees heeerrrrr," Niall teases.

"Stop. I don't. I just feel bad that I'm so privileged and she's...not," Harry tells them.

There was a long moment of silence.

"Can I at least have the chance to get to know her?" Liam asks.

"I can't control what you do," Harry responded, no emotion in his voice. I heard them moving around as they continued to talk so I quietly sprinted back to the kitchen. I decided to go for a walk outside to clear my head.

I left through the back door and wandered around the flower garden for a bit. I wish I could tell Liam that it won't be as easy as he's expecting. Getting to know me isn't a quick process. It takes years.

Am I even ready for a guy in my life right now? I mean who really knows how long I'll be here? I turned seventeen not long ago so I basically have less than a year until I'm kicked out onto the streets. I don't want to get too involved and get heartbroken when we can't see each other anymore.

I don't even know if I like Liam. I mean, I guess I have to know more about him first. But still, he made it sound like it was more of Harry's decision if he gets to date me or not. Shouldn't that be up to me?

I sit down on the swinging bench in the garden. It was a very nice, calm atmosphere. There was even a fountain in the center. A peaceful and soothing environment like this is definitely not what I'm used to.

My phone buzzes with a text from Molly telling me to go on Skype ASAP. I was a bit ticked that I had to leave the garden, but whatever she had to tell me seemed pretty important.

I head back inside and round the corner to walk up the steps, almost slamming right into someone. I look up and see Harry.

"Sorry," we say at the same time, then start laughing. I move around him.

"Wait," he says, stopping me. "I had a question to ask you."

"What is it?" I ask.

"If you don't have plans for tonight I was hoping you would come out with me and the lads. They'd really like to get to know you, and it'll be fun," he assures me.

I smirk. "Are you sure that won't interfere with your busy superstar schedule?" I ask sarcastically. He rolls his eyes, smiling.

"I've got a night off. What do you say?"

"Sure," I tell him.

He smiles wide in return. "Great. Seven o'clock. Be ready." I nod and continue my way up the steps.

I really wonder what could be so important that Molly has to tell me. Maybe she figured out on her own that I'm staying with her favorite band and she just wants to yell at me for not telling her.

I sit down at my totally awesome desk and log into Skype on my totally awesome Apple computer. I will never get over this house. Never.

"Nic, oh my gosh you're not going to believe this I'm freaking out right now seriously you're going to love me-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down," I say, chuckling. "I can't understand you when you talk so fast."

She takes a big deep breath. "I know what you said about your birth mother..." she starts. I groan, rolling my eyes.

"Molly, really, I don't want to listen to this."

"Just hear me out." I sigh. "I found her."

AUTHORS NOTE

oh shnap O_O whats gonna happen next?! idk comment your predictions and maybe youll find out c; hehehe. SO CAN WE TALK ABOUT LICOLE? (sorry that's the best ship name I could come up with XD tell me if you figure out something better) liams got it baaad ;) Harold does not seem overly pleased though. thoughts? ;) hehe. THANKS FOR READING I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT OR VOTE OR EVEN RECCOMMEND IT TO YOURS FRIENDS OR PETS OR WHATEVER IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU DID THAT (even though I already love you for spending your free time reading my work c:) BUT I WOULD LOVE YOU EVEN MORE SO GO AHEAD AND DO THAT IF YOU WANT TO BE LOVED EVEN MORE BY ME and im gonna go now because my teeth hurt so bye.