- 18 -

By the time I caught up with Melissa, the boys were already inside. Harry was introducing them one by one. Liam looked at me when I came into the room. I immediately looked away.

To be honest, I felt bad about the other day. I wish he never liked me so we could just be friends without things being weird.

Melissa shook each of their hands, looking them up and down as if determining which one she wanted most. She didn’t seem overly enthused by any of them, which is good.

Maybe she won’t try and come onto any of them after all.

We all hung out for a bit and all the lads really seemed to like Melissa. She certainly seemed to like them. After dinner, Liam pulled me aside and said he needed to talk. A millions things were running through my head at the time, and I couldn’t think straight.

“Everything okay?” I ask once we’re in a private area. Everyone else was still in the kitchen talking and laughing. Liam had pulled me into the empty dining room.

“No,” he says. “I know what you said, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you. I need a good reason, Nicole.”

“I don’t know what you want me to say,” I admit.

“Just give me a good reason as to why we can’t go out. It can even be as simple as that you don’t like me. Just one decent explanation, and I’ll leave you alone.”

I sigh. “Liam, I told you it’s complicated.”

“That’s not good enough.”

“What more do you want me to tell you?” I ask.

“Tell me why it’s so complicated. I’m dying to know,” he says, his eyes begging. I take a deep breath.

“I’m just not ready for a relationship right now, okay? Don’t take it personally. I really do think you’re a great guy, Liam. I’m sorry.”

He was about to respond when Melissa entered the room.

“Oh, sorry,” she says. “Was I interrupting?”

Liam continued looking at me. “No,” he responds. “I think we’re done here.” Then, he went back in with the other boys. Melissa gave me a questioning look.

“I don’t know,” I say, throwing my hands up in surrender. “I just don’t know.”

The rest of the night Liam didn’t try to hide his upset attitude. Everyone noticed something was wrong, but no one said anything until he left to use the bathroom.  

“Is he okay?” Harry asks me, furrowing his eyebrows in concern after Liam leaves the room.

“Maybe you should ask him,” I suggest. “Because I’m not entirely sure.”

He looked genuinely worried about his best mate, which I found very sweet of him to care so much. He didn’t go after him, though. Instead we all decided to go downstairs and hang out in the game room. Liam joined us.

“You know, I still don’t know how to get around this place,” Melissa says.

“It took me a few days,” I tell her. Harry laughs.

“A tour might help,” she suggests.

“Oh! Right! I forgot. It didn’t even cross my mind. I can show you around,” I say, but she stops me.

“Actually…wouldn’t it make sense for Harry to show me since it is his house, after all. You’re just staying in it,” Melissa says. I make a face that she didn’t see.

“Well, now it’s Nicole’s house too,” Harry defends, giving her a tight smile. She rolls her eyes. “But I’d be happy to give you the tour,” he adds, leading her into another room. I watch them leave. Once they’re gone I turn to the boys.

“Did anyone else find that weird?” I ask.

“Yes,” Louis agrees. “Very weird indeed.”

By the time they came back the guys and I were watching a movie. Just Go With It was playing under my request. It’s one of my favorites next to The Notebook. Surprisingly, they were actually watching the whole thing.

“How was it?” Zayn asks when they join us.

“Great,” Melissa says, smiling at Harry. He smiled back. The movie was just ending.

“I think I’m gonna go change into pajamas,” I announce, getting up from my spot on the couch. I had my head resting on Louis’ shoulder with my feet in Niall’s lap.

“I can’t feel my shoulder,” Louis complains, smirking. I roll my eyes playfully.

“Not my problem. I’ll be right back,” I say, turning to leave. After changing, someone came into my room. No knock.

“Hey sis,” Melissa says.

“Hey,” I say, faking a smile. I wish she had knocked. Plus, I’m not in the mood to talk.

“I just wanted to ask you if you still had dibs on Harry.”

I blinked, taken off guard by the question. “Um…well I never really had ‘dibs’ on any of the boys. Why?”

“Great!” she exclaims, grinning widely. “Because now I do.”

AUTHORS NOTE

BAZINGA i dont think you saw that one coming did you? ;) well maybe you did but whatever. My dog is barking at my goldfish right now.... anywhore i hope you liked this chapter because i actually did for once :) leave a comment letting me know and vote if you liked it! thanks so much for reading and i love yoooo! mwah :* bye xx