- 21 -

“I don’t want to play,” she mutters, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Come on. I don’t bite,” he jokes. Of course now he seems to be very engaged in the conversation as opposed to earlier when he sat quietly in the corner. Nicole looked like she already felt awkward just by talking about the game, let alone playing.

“That’s okay,” she says. “I’m just tired. I’d rather not.”

I caught Melissa rolling her eyes.

“Stop trying to act so innocent. We all know you’re not a virgin,” Melissa snaps in an annoyed fashion. Nicole’s jaw dropped to the floor as she glared at her sister in shock.

“I said I don’t want to play,” Nicole states, standing up. “I’m tired. I’m going to bed. Goodnight.” With that she runs up the steps.

“I should probably get going. It’s been a long day,” Niall adds.

“Same,” Zayn agrees. Slowly, one by one, everyone disappeared. Melissa looked more annoyed with every person who left.

“You guys are no fun,” she complains. I fake a yawn, claiming I was exhausted as I dragged myself up to my room. Niall’s right. It truly has been a long day for all of us.

I fall back onto my bed, staring at the ceiling. I thought over everything that happened today. I thought about Nicole’s expression when I played that stupid game with Melissa. I thought about Liam and how he was quiet the entire night except for the end when he was supposed to play against Nicole. I thought about how Nicole thought I didn’t even want her living here anymore. I thought about everything, and it just overwhelmed me. I grabbed the closest pillow and covered my face with it, letting out a scream. As I sit up my phone buzzes.

Nicole: ‘ Maybe you should close your door? Goodnight Harry (: x ‘

I looked across the hall to see Nicole sitting on her bed. She smiled and waved. I did the same before picking up my phone again to reply.

Me: ‘ But then I wouldn’t get to see you (; Goodnight, sweet dreams xx ’

As soon as I sent it I felt guilty. It was almost like I was flirting with her. Almost. For some reason it seemed against the rules. Maybe because of Liam. Maybe because she’s been hurt before. Maybe because today has just been so weird. But when I looked across the hall I saw Nicole smiling at the lit up screen in her hand. I made her smile, and I would break any rules I needed to in order to see that.

AUTHORS NOTE

Sorry for another short chapter! I was gonna make this longer but i have extreme writers block and i have abolsutely NO CLUE whats going to happen next chapter :P Let me know if you have any ideas!! it will definitely make the update come faster!! and sorry this took so long, I was in new york city this past weekend visiting family (aka my husband ed sheeran) and i didnt have much time for wattpad but HERE IT IS :D CHAPTER 21! i hope you like it and let me know what you think! dont forget to drop a comment or leave a vote if you enjoyed it! message me or comment if you have an idea for chapter 22 because literally if I dont come up with something it might take another 2 weeks at least until I update again :P thanks for reading! i love you! byeee