- 8 -

“Oh! Nicole! I’m glad I caught you,” Anne says as I pass the kitchen to go watch TV. “I wanted to ask you if Harry had mentioned the party that’s happening tonight.”

I nodded. “He told me last week.”

“Oh, good! Do you think you could help me set up? A lot of people are coming, and I have to make space for the caterers…”

“Of course,” I say, smiling.

The boys are having a party to celebrate Simon Cowell, their boss’s, birthday. He hates planning parties though, so it’s a surprise. Harry had mentioned it to me and told me that I didn’t have to go if I didn’t want to. I might stay for part of it. I haven’t really decided yet, but I think it would be cool to meet Simon Cowell.

“What are you going to wear tonight?” Anne asks as I help her set the table cloth over the dining room table.

“I don’t know. I don’t really have anything too fancy.”

“Well that can’t do! Why don’t you go upstairs and look in Gemma’s closet? She won’t mind you borrowing a dress for the night. I’ve got this. Go on.”

I smile and walk up the steps into Gemma’s room. I wonder when I’ll get to meet her. Her room was done in a pretty aqua blue color and all her furniture was white. I open up her closet and see a large selection of colorful dresses to choose from. Wow.

***Harrys Point of View***

Dad, Nicole, and I have been helping my mum all day with setting up for Simon’s party. Now, I’m in my room, staring at myself in the mirror. No matter how many times I tried fixing my bowtie it always appeared crooked to me. Oh well.

I hear voices from downstairs and assume that the guests have started arriving. I head down to greet them.

“Harry,” Dad says when I walk into the living room. “Go upstairs and get Nicole, would you?”

I nod and turn around, going back the way I came. I stopped when I saw her at the top of the stairs wearing a beautiful red dress that showed off her figure perfectly. She had silver heels on as well, and her hair looked curlier than normal. She continued her way down the stairs. When she got closer I noticed she was also wearing makeup. I’ve never seen her in makeup before. It wasn’t until she snapped her fingers in my face that I noticed I was staring.

“Oh, um, hey,” I mutter.

“Hey,” she says, giggling.

“You look…beautiful,” I tell her. She smiles and looks down at her toes.

“Thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself.”

I smile. “I was just coming upstairs to get you. People are here.” She nods and I head back into the living room. I say hello to the people who arrived and watch as Mum introduces Nicole. This process happened about a million times until all the guests had finally showed up. The lads came too, of course.