- 5 -

***Harry's Point Of View***

I stood on the sidewalk at the end of the driveway. I looked down at the address on my phone and then at the house number on the mailbox. Yup. This is definitely it.

It's been a week since I actually got the address. I've been way too nervous to actually go talk to this Amy person. Now I decided to finally grow some balls and do this.

This neighborhood looked pretty sketchy if you ask me. I could hear the neighbor's dog barking and I thought that if it wasn't behind a metal fence it would probably kill me.

I slowly walked up to the front door. The house was small and looked like it hadn't been taken care of in years. The grass in the yard was all overgrown and parts of the siding were missing. The screen door was ripped and one of the upstairs windows was broken, looking like it had been repaired with duct tape.

The doorbell appeared to be broken so I knocked. No one came to the door and I considered leaving since I'm really not supposed to be here anyway, but then the door swung open and in front of me stood a blonde lady who looked like a complete mess. Her hair was up in a messy bun. She wore old stained clothing and had a cigarette in her hand. She was incredibly thin to the point where I thought if I even bumped her she would break in two.

"Hi. Are you Amy Rogers?" I ask.

"Who are you? What do you want?" she asks. I had no clue how old she was. Maybe her late forties or early fifties.

"Um... I'm Harry. I was wondering if you-"

"I don't have any money. Go away," she says, about to close the door.

"No," I say, putting my foot in the door. "I'm not looking for money. Please listen to me."

She opens the door again and gives me a strange look, staring at me for a moment.

"You don't live around here," she says.

"No, I don't. I live up in Holmes Chapel. I'm here because of Nicole Miller."

Her tense features instantly turned weak. She stepped back.

"Come inside," she tells me, waving me in. I follow her into the living room. "Sit down. Would you like some tea or anything?" she asks, walking into another room.

"No thank you. I'm okay." I glance around me.

The carpets looked petrifying. There was smashed glass in the corner, although I had no clue as to what it was from. There were empty beer cans everywhere and the place reeked of smoke. There was a bong on the coffee table, looking like some sort of centerpiece. I take a seat on the sofa. She returns with a cup of coffee for herself and takes a seat on one of the chairs across from me.

"How is she?" she asks.

"She's great. Um...How exactly do you know her?" I ask. I still wasn't sure why Molly was sending this woman's address to Nicole.

"I'm her mother."

I then noticed the similarities. They had the same eyes and the same hair. How did I miss that before?

"Of course."

"I wonder what she looks like now. God, I haven't seen her in so long...What does she look like? I hope she doesn't look like her father..."

"Well, she has your eyes and hair. She has an incredible smile, too. She's...very beautiful."

She smiles as I describe her daughter to her.

"I'm glad she found herself a handsome lad like yourself."

"Oh, um, no. I'm not her boyfriend," I explain awkwardly. "She's living with my family. My parents are her, uh, foster parents."

She nods understandingly. "What about the other one?"

I didn't understand the question. "Other what?"

"The other girl. You know, Melissa. Nicole's sister."

"I...I didn't know Nicole had a sister."

"That's a shame. I thought they would've put them together being twins and all. I guess not."

"Um...do you...know anything else about Melissa? Like maybe her last name or-"

"Collins. Melissa Collins. Haven't seen either of them since birth.

It took me a minute to process everything she just said.

"So why are you actually here?" she asks. It was actually a pretty decent question. Why am I here? I was curious about the address that I wasn't even supposed to read. I had no plans of what to tell the lady once I arrived.

"Nicole doesn't know I'm here. I came on my own," I explain.

"Well, is she okay? Cancer? Injury? What?"

"No, no, nothing like that. She's perfectly healthy. Um...I have a question." She doesn't say anything, so I go on. "Nicole told me that she was only supposed to be in foster care temporarily...until you got better...What happened?"

She nods, as if knowing this question would come eventually. "I'm a terrible mother. I can hardly take care of myself. I knew that even if I did clean myself up and managed to convince childcare services that I could take care of my daughters again that the girls wouldn't be happy. We wouldn't have any money and they would be living in a dangerous neighborhood like this. It wouldn't be a good home for a family."

"Wouldn't it be worth it though? To have your own daughters back?"

"I ask myself that question every day."

I nod.

"It's a shame to hear she's still in foster care all this time later. I was really hoping a nice family would adopt her. One that could actually care for a child the right way."

"Well, we're taking good care of her." She smiles and nods. "I think I better get going. Nicole might wonder where I am."

"When you see her," she starts saying. "Tell her that I love her. And that I'm sorry."

I nod. "I will."

I left the house thinking about what Amy just told me.

Nicole has a twin sister.

I wonder if she knows.

AUTHORS NOTE

asdfhjl o_0 I am soooo sorry its taken me so long to update! My computer was being a little bitch so I couldn't access my word file where I have some future chapters written. :P IM BACK NOW THOUGH. school has also started ~freshman year come at me~ and its basically hell so that will delay my updates. expect it :3 on the side is Nicole's mom Amy---> just imagine her like 10x more drug-addict looking than she does in the pic k?(: k. so I still have French homeowkr so imma go now :) BYEE I LOVE YOU AND THAK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU FOR IT<3 peaceouthomedawg