- 15 -

***Nicole’s Point of View***

Ever since I almost caught Harry, he and Gemma have gotten a lot better at hiding whatever this is from me. I can’t stand it.

If they don’t want me here anymore I wish they would just tell me ahead of time. What’s with all this secrecy? I can’t think of another thing that this could be.

I’ve been watching both of them very closely lately, but I haven’t asked a single question. Maybe I’m afraid of what the response will be. Maybe I figured they’re hiding this from me for a good reason.

I talked to Molly about it and she claims to be clueless. Something tells me she’s acting a little funny too.

What is everyone keeping from me?

“Hey, don’t think too hard. You might hurt yourself,” Liam tells me as he passes by. He and the lads were all over. I was sitting in the kitchen with a glass of water in front of me, although I wasn’t really drinking it since I’ve been too busy worrying over Gemma and Harry’s plans.

 I haven’t talked to Liam much in the past few weeks. I’ve been busy catching up with Melissa, but he and I have chatted a few times since that kiss.

“Sorry. I’m just…trying to understand something,” I tell him. He cocks his head to the side.

“Wanna talk about it?” he asks, grabbing a soda from the fridge. I shake my head.

“Not right now,” I tell him. The thought of leaving this place and this current life I’m living now anytime soon is something too heartbreaking to talk about with anyone.

“I’m here for you if you need someone to vent to,” he assures me. I smile.

“Thanks. I appreciate it.”

Silence passes as I watch the condensation drip down my water glass.

“You know,” he says, sitting across from me at the table. “I never really got to know if you’d made up your mind or not.”

“About what?” I ask.

“The night of the party, you said you didn’t know what you wanted. I’m asking if you’ve figured it out yet,” he explains, giving me a cheeky grin.

I take a deep breath. “I don’t know. I have a lot on my mind right now. Us dating…it would lead to a lot of complications,” I tell him.

“I don’t care. I really like you, Nicole. I have since I met you,” he says, taking my hand in his and giving me a look filled with hope.

“Liam,” I begin. “If you knew what’s going on in my head right now, you would understand why this is a bad idea.”