Distraction [Nick's POV]

The picture just spoke to me...you know...and told me to go along the lines of something like this. I don't know, you may not see it. After all, I have been told I have an abnormally large imagination. 🤗

~*~

I stood at the back of the room in silence as I watched Judy work away on her computer. Something about a robbery in Sahara Square or something, I don't know. As this was her case, Judy banished me to the corner of the room and told me not to say or do anything that could distract her. She was still mad at me for that prank I pulled on her last week while she was sleeping. I made her pretend that she was a fisherman rowing away from a shark in his boat and it was amazing. I caught the whole thing on video.

I smirked to myself as an idea popped into my head, and I took my hands out of my pockets. Naturally Chief Bogo assigned me to this case aswell, but Judy told me it was her case, and said she would be working it on her own as payback for the prank. I just shrugged it off as I knew she would forgive me sooner or later but, quite frankly, it looked like she wasn't going to be coming round any time soon. And I hated it when Judy was angry.

So, I stood up straight from my position leaning against the wall and walked over to Judy, sliding my arms down her shoulders and around her neck as I rested my head on-top of hers, causing one of her ears to go floppy at the pressure I had put on it. Judy just continued working as if I wasn't even there and I sighed loudly, ready to put my plan into action.

"Can I help you?" Judy asked, keeping her eyes glued to the screen in front of her.

"I'm bored," I whined, purposely sounding like a child.

"Then find something to do in your corner," Judy replied, completely ignoring me. "I will not let you distract me," she stated seriously.

I lifted my head off of hers for a second as I raised an eyebrow, but brought it back down once I thought of another devious plan.

"Is that a bet?" I asked teasingly, nuzzling my head on-top of her's.

Judy halted in her actions for a second, and I heard her laugh lightly before shifting underneath me, causing me to let go of her and step back a bit to give her more space. She turned around and stood up on her chair, placing her hands on her hips confidently as she glared at me, the faintest smile appearing on her lips.

"Fine, Nicholas," she said, emphasising the use of my first name. "If you do distract me, I'll let you work this case with me-"

"I was already working the case before this," I smirked, shoving my hands back in my pockets.

"A-bubabababup! No interruptions!" Judy exclaimed and I put my hands up in the surrender position before returning them to my pockets.

"But if you don't distract me, then..." She paused, tapping her chin as she tried to think of a suitable punishment for payback on that prank. "Ooh! Then you have to let me post that picture of you in your sweatsuit on the internet," she finished, leaning forward in challenge.

Ooh, the picture...bad move. I really hated that picture as I looked terrible in that sweatsuit. Like...really, really terrible. Well, I guess I'll have to try extra hard to distract Judy, which wasn't hard considering she was distracted by butterflies.

"Ok," I nodded, extending my arm out for her to shake my hand. "Deal."

Judy glanced at my hand before looking up at me, a devious smirk pulled across her face as she shook my hand. Boy, she had no idea of what I was planning to do to her.

{Extended ending}

"Great!" Judy exclaimed, turning around and sitting back down in her chair before stretching her arms out in front of her. "Go."