Stakeout [Nick's POV]

Is it bad that this picture is my phone's keyboard?...

~*~

Judy and I had been assigned to a special stakeout from Chief Bogo. There was a criminal gang in the Rainforest District and all of the other cops were working on different cases. So we had been assigned to a stakeout...yay...

I checked my phone. 1:03am. Dangit. This wasn't even a stakeout, we were just sitting in our cop car looking at nothing! And better yet, I could tell Judy was getting tired. Her ears kept drooping then perking back up, the drooping again, them perking back up. I had to admit, it was cute, but also a little frustrating since we were meant to be doing this stakeout together. But I guess I was nocturnal so I could talk.

I glanced over at the little bunny next to me, whose eyes opened and closed weakly like she was dying, which was a scary thought. I felt really sorry for Judy. Firstly, Chief Bogo gives her a hard time about letting a master criminal get away when they threatened to shoot her and an innocent civilian, then he punishes her by putting her on a stakeout. I'd like to see how many criminals he's caught...

"Judy, go to sleep," I said plainly, returning to looking out of the window.

"No, Nick, I'm fine!" She yawned. "Besides, if I don't do this stakeout, Chief Bogo will surely fire me."

I scoffed. "Fire you?! Judy, he can't even put out a fire without getting help!" I exclaimed, achieving a giggle from Judy.

"Now go to sleep," I insisted, prodding her shoulder.

"Fine," she growled, shifting in the driver's seat, trying to get comfortable. But she wasn't fooling anybody.

"Come 'ere," I said, holding out my arms to her.

I knew she wouldn't try to argue or fight against me, as she was most definitely tired. She just rubbed her eyes like a small child and crawled onto my lap, wrapping her arms around my torso and burying her face in my chest before quickly falling asleep. The sound of her delicate breathing was so soothing and the feel of her warm breath on my chest made me want to fall asleep, but I didn't. I kept watch and, surprise surprise, nothing happened.

But hey, at least I got to be close to Judy - even if she was just sleeping.

~*~

I is sorry it is short.