Sheriff [Judy's POV]

Am I uploading too much Judy now?

~*~

Loading my gun, I quickly peeked over my shoulder at the hoodlums trying to shoot me. This barrel of root beer was proving as a good cover but it wouldn't last long. Just as I had finished loading the bullets into the gun and clamped the compartment shut, a gunfire sounded next to me, and root beer suddenly spilled out from the barrel, drenching my arm.

"Shit," I muttered to myself as I tried scooting away from the liquid, therefore making myself more open to gunfire.

I decided to go for it. If these freaks caught me, they would surely turn me in to the Sheriff's department, and I didn't need that. I counted the gold in my paw and cursed. My parents really needed this gold. They were bankrupt and they needed it way more than those hogs at the bank did. Technically, I wasn't stealing it. I was just borrowing it for a good cause.

I took a deep breath and turned around, popping my head over the top of the barrel. Before any of the criminals trying to hunt me down could even process that I was there, I had managed to pick them off.

"Yes," I whispered to myself, turning back round and sinking to the ground with my eyes closed. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and opened my eyes to see a fox in a blue sheriff uniform standing in front of me.

I jumped and jerked back, hitting my head on the barrel of root beer behind me. I rubbed the back of my head and looked back up at the fox. Now that I had gotten a good look at him, I could safely say that she was quite good-looking, but the fact that he was a fox still stood.

"You wouldn't happen to be the sheriff, would you?" I asked sheepishly, even though I knew he was.

"Yes, yes I am," he answered, looking down at me. "And you must be Judy Hopps."

I nodded with a blank stare.

"Well, Hopps, you've been reported to the Sheriff's department quite a few times, and today it's for robbing a bank," he replied, shaking his head at me.

"Technically, I wasn't stealing," I argued, getting up and dusting the sand off of my jeans. "I was borrowing the gold for a worthy cause."

The fox raised an eyebrow at me, and I sighed.

"My parents are bankrupt and I was stealing the gold for them," I answered monotonously.

"Right," he nodded. "And how do you explain these bodies?"

I turned around to see the bodies he was talking about. The guys I had just picked off.

"Oh, they were hunting me down to turn me into you so they could get rich or some shit, I don't know," I shrugged. "Technically, they're about as criminally negligent as I am so they were better off dead."

"Don't you think it's our job to decide who's better off dead and who isn't?" He asked, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"Well, what do you say?" I asked, clasping my paws in front of me and rocking back and forth on my toes and heels. "Don't you think they'd be better off dead? I mean, any sane animal would agree with me."

"Nice try, Hopps."

~*~

What have I just written?